Sour Cream Noodle Bake – cheesy baked pasta with ground beef and a creamy sauce! The whole family will love this recipe!
I’ve really been failing at dinner since my husband deployed. My seven year old actually asked me why I never cook anymore.
To which I said, “What are you talking about? I made 6 kinds of ice cream last week!”
Apparently ice cream does not count as real cooking.
I go through this whenever my husband is gone.
When he’s here, I know that whatever I cook, it’ll get eaten. When it’s just me and the boys, we always have leftovers for days and then I still end up trashing stuff.
And that’s really frustrating to me.
So wee end up doing sandwiches and Cheetos for dinner just about every night.
How To Make Sour Cream Noodle Bake!
So I made this pasta for dinner to prove to the kid that I actually still know how to cook.
It was a HUGE hit.
It starts by browning ground beef (you can use ground turkey or chicken) and mixing that with canned tomato sauce. That gets layered with cooked egg noodles and a mixture of sour cream, cottage cheese, and green onions. And then it all gets topped with cheddar cheese.
Bake it until the cheese is melted and the entire thing is bubbly and delicious.
If you’re scared of the cottage cheese, don’t be! I tend to avoid recipes with cottage cheese because my kids won’t eat it but it just becomes part of the creamy sauce in this dish.
Everyone loves it and we will definitely be making it over and over again.
How Long Is Sour Cream Noodle Bake Good For?
This Sour Cream Noodle Bake will be good for up to 3 – 4 days. Make sure you cover it tightly and store in the refrigerator.
You can reheat it in either the microwave or oven.
Can You Freeze Sour Cream Noodle Bake?
You can freeze this noodle bake. Make sure you cover it tightly and use a freezer- safe container. Consume within 3 months.
I would defrost it overnight in the fridge before reheating in the microwave or oven.
More Pasta Recipes
- Cajun Tortellini Alfredo
- Sausage Stuffed Manicotti
- Chicken Parmesan Baked Pasta
- One Pot Sausage and Broccoli Pasta
- Pasta Fagioli – Olive Garden Copycat
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 15 ounce can Tomato sauce
- 1 8 ounce can Tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces Egg Noodles
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/4 cups small curd cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups grated sharp Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat, breaking it up as it cooks. Drain grease if necessary and return to pan; add the tomato sauce, salt and pepper to skillet. Stir mixture and reduce heat to low. Let simmer for about 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil egg noodles in a large pot of water until al dente. Drain water. Set noodles aside.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together sour cream and cottage cheese. Gentle stir in cooked egg noodles. Sprinkle with a little black pepper and gently stir until noodles are coated. Stir in green onions.
- Grease a 9×13-inch baking pan with non-stick spray. Layer half the noodles in the bottom of the pan, spread out evenly. Spread half of the meat mixture over the noodles, sprinkle with half the cheese. Repeat layers again, with remaining noodles, the rest of the meat mixture and then ending with the cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 425Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 115mgSodium: 941mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 2gSugar: 6gProtein: 32g