Cajun Tortellini Alfredo – delicious 20 minute weeknight dinner recipe. Tortellini and smoked sausage in a creamy cajun alfredo sauce!
Heeeey guys! Today I have a recipe that includes all my favorite things.
Smoked sausage, cheese, and more cheese!
It is so easy and will take around 20 minutes from start to finish! Cheese filled tortillini with sliced smoked sausage in a a creamy cajun alfredo sauce. It’s just a little bit spicy and easily adjustable to fit your desired spice level.
I love anything involving cajun seasoning and when I’m craving it, I either go for this tortellini or my Cajun Shrimp and Grits.
How To Make Cajun Tortellini Alfredo
If you can multitask and get the tortellini boiling while the sausage is browning, this can be ready in less than 15 minutes.
- Cook tortellini according to package instructions
- Heat cooking oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet
- Add onion and cooked until softened
- Add sliced smoked sausage and brown on all sides
- Add garlic and cajun seasoning
- Stir in heavy cream and bring to a bubble
- Remove from heat and stir in Parmesan cheese
- Add tortellini and toss to combine
- Top with sliced green onions and more Parmesan cheese
How Long is Tortellini Good For?
This Cajun Tortellini Alfredo will last for about 3 days in the fridge. Make sure to store it in an airtight container.
Reheat in the microwave or on the stove top. If the alfredo sauce is too stiff, a splash of chicken broth, milk, or even water will help to loosen it up and make it saucy again.
Can You Freeze Tortellini?
Yes! This dish freezes wonderfully. Make sure to use an airtight container (or ziploc bags with all the air squeezed out) and eat it within 3 months.
I would defrost overnight in the fridge and then reheat in the microwave or stove top.
What To Serve with Cajun Tortellini Alfredo?
Or if you like a fruit salad, Grape Salad is sweet and creamy and delicious.
More Tortellini Recipes
- Pumpkin Alfredo Tortellini
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup
- Bacon Tortellini Bake
- Cheesy Ham and Tortellini Bake
- Slow Cooker Cheesy Tortellini
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 12-ounce package smoked sausage, cut into bite size pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- 1 20-ounce package cheese tortellini, cooked according to package instructions
- 2 green onions, diced
- In a large skillet, heat coconut oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and cooked until softened. Add smoked sausage and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned on all sides. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add cajun seasoning; stir to combine. Stir in heavy cream and bring to a bubble. Lower to a simmer and stir in Parmesan cheese until melted. Add tortellini and toss until everything is combined. Top with green onions and more Parmesan cheese before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 588Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 118mgSodium: 1341mgCarbohydrates: 50gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 24g