It doesn’t get easier than One Pot Cheeseburger Mac! Cheesy, creamy pasta with ground beef all cooked in one pot. Think Hamburger Helper but better!
This post originally published August 13, 2014. Updated April 1, 2021.
I’m big into one pot meals these days. Soccer season just started, 7-on-7 starts next week, science projects, standardized tests, etc etc etc. We never stop this time of year.
This and my One Pot Pizza Pasta have been staples in my house for years and I always bring them back when things get hectic.
One Pot Cheeseburger Mac is like your favorite Hamburger Helper pasta but better because there’s no powdered cheese or anything funky! Just cheesy, creamy pasta with ground beef all cooked in the same pot.
It’s ready in less than 30 minutes so it’s the perfect weeknight dinner!
- Ground beef – you can use ground turkey, chicken, or whatever your favorite ground meat is
- Small pasta – I love Skinner’s Large Elbows for recipes like this but you can use regular elbow macaroni, ditalini, rotini, penne, etc
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Granulated sugar
- Cheddar cheese
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet until cook completely; drain and return to pan
- Add water, milk, pasta, cornstarch, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and sugar; stir to combine
- Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer for about 10 minutes or until pasta is almost tender
- Stir in the cheese, recover, and simmer another 12 minutes
- Remove from heat and let stand about 5 minutes before serving so the sauce thickens a bit
How Long Is Cheeseburger Mac Good For?
Pasta dishes with meat will be good in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Make sure to store them in an airtight container to keep it fresh for as long as possible. These glass containers with airtight lids are my favorite for pretty much all leftovers. They also make taking leftovers for lunch really easy!
Can You Freeze Pasta?
Yes, you can freeze pasta with ground beef! It will be fine in the freezer for about 3 months if stored in an airtight container.
I like to freeze pasta dishes in reusable ziploc bags because you can squeeze all the air out to ensure it stays fresh! You can also use regular disposable ziploc freezer bags.
More Easy Pasta Recipes
- Turkey Goulash
- Four Cheese Spaghetti
- Pasta with Shrimp and Rosa Sauce
- Parmesan Pasta with Bacon and Cheese
- Chicken Chili Mac and Cheese
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups milk
- 1 ½ cups small pasta
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet until it's completely cooked. Drain and return to pan.
- Add in water, milk, pasta, cornstarch, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and sugar; stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer for about 10 minutes or until pasta is almost tender.
- Stir in the cheese, recover, and simmer another 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand about 5 minutes before serving. The sauce will thicken as it stands.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 353Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 92mgSodium: 587mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 31g