Strawberry Crumble Bars are the perfect way to use sweet summer strawberries. Rich, buttery crust with a strawberry filling and a crunchy topping. This is a tried and true recipe that I make every summer!
I love this time of year when strawberries are so cheap and so delicious. I’m buying strawberries any time I pass a grocery store these days.
$1.99 for a pound?! Give me 10!
We put them on everything, make strawberry shortcakes at least once a week, and I love putting them in recipes like these Strawberry Crumble Bars.
Why You’re Going To Love This Strawberry Crumble Bars Recipe
- This is the perfect recipe to showcase how tasty summer strawberries are! It’s a simple recipe of pastry and strawberry filling so the berries really are the star here.
- Strawberry crumble bars call for only simple ingredients that you probably already have! Plus, the crust and the topping are the same pastry so that’s one less dish to clean.
- These bars are so delicious! There’s something about the buttery pastry crust, the sweet strawberry filling, and the slightly crunchy topping that is just my ideal summer dessert.
- All-purpose flour
- Granulated sugar – sugar is going in both the crust and the strawberry filling.
- Baking powder
- Unsalted butter – you want it to be cold when you work it into the dough. Cut it into cubes and then store it in the fridge while you get the rest of your ingredients together.
- Vanilla extract
- Strawberries – I highly recommend using fresh strawberries for this recipe. Frozen berries are going to have a higher water content and may lead to a thinner filling.
- Cornstarch – this is going to thicken up the strawberry filling and make sure it’s not too liquidy.
How To Make Strawberry Crumble Bars
- Mixing dry ingredients. In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, and baking powder with a whisk.
- Add wet ingredients. Add the cubed butter, lightly beaten egg, and vanilla extract. Mix with a pastry cutter until a crumby mixture forms.
- Transfer to pan. Firmly press half the dough into an even layer in the bottom of a 9×13-inch pan lined with parchment. Set the remaining half of the dough aside.
- Make filling. Combine the chopped strawberries, sugar, and cornstarch. Toss until the strawberries are completely coated.
- Transfer to crust. Pour the strawberry mixture over the crust in the pan and spread it out.
- Add topping. Crumble the remaining dough over the strawberry layer.
- Bake. Bake at 375F for 38-45 minutes or until the topping turns golden brown.
- Cool. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before cutting.
Strawberry crumble bars are good for 4 – 5 days. Make sure to store them in an airtight container. I like to keep them in the fridge to keep them good longer.
You can freeze these strawberry crumble bars for up to 3 months. I like to wrap the individual bars in plastic wrap and then place them all in a freezer ziploc bag.
When you are ready to enjoy, pull one or all of them out of the freezer and allow them to sit at room temperature for a few hours.
More Strawberry Recipes
- Strawberry Pretzel Salad
- Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes
- Strawberry Cheesecake Poke Cake
- Homemade Strawberry Sherbet
- Strawberry Upside Down Ricotta Cake
- Strawberry Pie
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
For the crust and crumble topping:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the strawberry filling:
- 4 cups fresh strawberries, chopped
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a 9x13 inch baking dish with foil and grease the foil with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, and baking powder with a whisk. Add the cubed butter, lightly beaten egg, and vanilla extract. Mix with a pastry cutter until a crumby mixture forms.
- Firmly press half the dough into an even layer in the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Set the remaining half of the dough aside.
- To make the strawberry filling, combine the chopped strawberries, sugar, and cornstarch in a large mixing bowl. Toss until the strawberries are completely coated.
- Pour the strawberry mixture over the crust in the pan and
spread out evenly.
- Crumble the remaining half of the dough evenly over the strawberry layer.
- Bake for 38-45 minutes or until the crumble topping turns golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before cutting.
Slice and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 379Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 56mgSodium: 50mgCarbohydrates: 55gFiber: 2gSugar: 28gProtein: 4g