The easiest way to do Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes! Bake them upside in a muffin tin so you don’t have to worry about them falling over.
I spent this past Tuesday in Minneapolis hanging out in the Betty Crocker kitchen. I know.
It was one of the coolest things I’ve done in a long time and don’t worry, I’ll have a full recap up within a few days. For now I wanted to share this trick I learned while in the BC kitchen.
We’ve all seen the cute little ice cream cone cupcakes and I’m pretty sure most people have actually made them. Well, not me. I am not the most graceful person in the world and the idea of moving a pan of cones filled with batter does not excite me. Thanks to Betty, I now have an easy way to do it.
All you do is mix your batter up like you normally would, put it into your cupcake liners, and stick a cone on top. That’s it. Pop in in the oven and the batter works it’s way into the cone!
All the cones are leaning a little. That’s okay though because once they’re frosted no one will ever be able to tell.
- 1 batch cake mix – store bought or homemade! I love my Homemade Funfetti Cupcakes recipe for these
- 24 cake cones
- 1 batch frosting – store bought or homemade!
- rainbow sprinkles
- Prepare batter according to instructions
- Fill 24 muffin cups lined with paper liners ⅔ of the way full
- Place a cake cone on top of each cup of batter
- Bake according to the instructions
- Let cool completely before removing paper liner and frosting
How Long Are Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes Good For?
There ice cream cone cupcakes aren’t going to last as long as regular cupcakes because the moisture from the cake is going to soften the cones within a few days. I’d say, at most, you’ll get 3 days out of them.
These are best when you’re serving them all the day you make them, like for a birthday party.
More Cupcakes Recipes
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cupcakes
- Peanut Butter Cupcakes with Chocolate Buttercream
- Apple Spice Cupcakes
- Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Frosting
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 box Funfetti cake mix + all ingredients the box calls for
- 24 cake cones
- 1 can frosting (or homemade frosting of your choice)