Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes are the cutest cupcakes for summer! Funfetti cake baked into ice cream cones and topped with frosting, rainbow sprinkles, and a cherry.
Ice cream cone cupcakes may be my favorite cupcakes of all time. They are so cute and just scream summer. If you have a bbq or a birthday party coming up, these are the perfect dessert!
They are also super customizable. I used a funfetti mix and a vanilla frosting but you can use any combination of cake mix and frosting that you want! How fun would a chocolate cake with strawberry frosting be?!
Why You’re Going To Love This Recipe
- Ice cream cone cupcakes are the cutest cupcakes you can serve, especially during summer. They look like ice cream sundaes but you don’t have to worry about ice cream melting.
- They are so easy to make! I like to use a box mix for these cupcakes but you can use your favorite homemade cake batter if you prefer. I even use a tub of storebought frosting to make my life even easier.
- Funfetti cake mix – you also need all ingredients the box calls for, usually oil, water, and eggs. Or you could use your favorite homemade funfetti recipe. Or any flavor of cake mix you prefer.
- Ice cream cones – make sure you are buying ice cream cones with a flat bottom so they will stand up in the cupcake pan.
- Frosting – you can use a can of store-bought frosting or a homemade recipe.
- Sprinkles – I like rainbow sprinkles so it looks like an ice cream sundae.
- Maraschino cherries – these are optional but really make the cupcakes look like ice cream.
- Make batter. Follow the instructions on the funfetti cake mix box to prepare the cake batter.
- Prepare cones. Scoop the batter with a spoon into each ice cream cone until about halfway full. cones into a cupcake pan.
- Bake. Carefully transfer cupcake pan to oven. Bake at 350F for about 20 minutes.
- Cool. Allow the cupcakes to full cool completely before frosting.
- Frost cupcakes. Use a piping bag and medium star shaped tip to swirl frosting onto the top of the cooled cupcakes.
- Decorate and serve.Garnish with sprinkles and a cherry. Enjoy!
Ice cream cone cupcakes will be good for 2 – 3 days after baking. Make sure to store them in an airtight container.
And keep in mind that the cone will soften as it absorbs the moisture from the cake.
You can make these ice cream cone cupcakes the day before you plan on serving but the cone may soften slightly.
More Cupcakes Recipes
- Cherry Coke Cupcakes
- Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes
- Carrot Cake Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Peanut Butter Cupcakes with Chocolate Buttercream
- Cookies & Cream Cupcakes
- Caramel Filled Chocolate Cupcakes
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 box Funfetti cake mix + all ingredients the box calls for
- 12 flat bottom ice cream cones
- 1 can frosting (or homemade frosting of your choice)
- sprinkles and marschino cherries, for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Follow the instructions on the funfetti cake mix box to prepare the cake batter.
- Scoop the batter with a spoon into each ice cream cone until about halfway full.
- Place prepared ice cream cones into a cupcake pan.
- Carefully transfer cupcake pan to oven. Bake in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the cupcake comes out clean.
- Allow the cupcakes to full cool completely before frosting.
- Use a piping bag and medium star shaped tip to swirl frosting onto the top of the cooled cupcakes.
- Garnish with sprinkles and a cherry. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 446Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 50mgSodium: 441mgCarbohydrates: 72gFiber: 2gSugar: 47gProtein: 6g