My husband and I clash when it comes to food sometimes. We both tend to go for things that we grew up eating. Like, the other day I was making egg-in-the-holes for the kids and he was all “Eww! What is that?!” Because apparently when his mom did the egg and toast thing, she mixed everything together in a cup and he thought my way was completely wrong.
Well years ago I made that Dorito taco salad with Catalina dressing that is so delicious and I was sure he would love it. Because who doesn’t love a taco salad made with Doritos and a sweet dressing? He didn’t like it. Because it wasn’t the taco salad he grew up with. And I could’ve hit him.
Every once in a while I get a random craving for that salad so when I stumbled upon this chicken recipe that calls for Catalina dressing, I knew I had to make it. Hoping to quell that craving, I guess! Y’all know I’m a sucker for onion soup mix in recipes too so really, this was a win all around. Plus who doesn’t like to have pink chicken? As long as it’s fully-cooked pink chicken!
Definitely put some foil in your pan before you make it. All the sugar in the dressing and preserves burn after awhile and really makes clean-up a pain. I learned the hard way.
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 package onion soup mix
- 1 cup Catalina dressing
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a 9x13-inch pan with aluminum foil to help with cleanup.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together onion soup, Catalina dressing, and apricot preserves.
- Place chicken breasts in the prepared pan and pour sauce over top. Use a pastry brush to make sure it is coated well.
- Bake for about 1 hour, spooning sauce over the chicken every 15 minutes, or until the chicken is fully cooked.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 563Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 4gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 96mgSodium: 955mgCarbohydrates: 70gFiber: 1gSugar: 52gProtein: 36g