Thai-Style Chicken Flatbread – naan flatbread with peanut sauce, chicken, cheese, cilantro, and chopped peanuts! Bakes in just 8 minutes!
Football season is fast approaching and to me that means friends and food!
I’ve already started searching for snack ideas and this one is a definite must make.
I’ve overlooked this recipe so many times because it involves peanut sauce which, despite my love of peanut butter, I just can’t get into.
This one was so good.
Thai-style Chicken Flatbread!
It’s not super spicy but still has a bit of a kick from the sweet chili sauce.
The rest of the flatbread involved naan (which is my favorite way to do quick flatbreads or pizza!), chicken cooked in soy sauce and honey, and mozzarella cheese. I topped mine with chopped peanuts and cilantro but if you happen to have bean sprouts on hand, go ahead and throw those on, too!
These would also make a really quick weeknight dinner, especially if you cook your chicken ahead of time. Then you just have to assemble the flatbreads and pop them in the oven for about 5 minutes!
Also, super customizable so if you have a picky kid who won’t eat chicken 4 days a week (ahem), you can just leave it off his flatbread and make the rest normally.
More Thai Inspired Recipes
Thai Spaghetti Squash with Chicken – a low carb way to enjoy Thai flavors! Chicken, broccoli, and bell peppers stuffed in a spaghetti squash with a sweet and spicy, creamy peanut sauce.
Spicy Thai Chicken Noodle Soup – a Thai twist on the classic comfort food.
Thai Chicken Quesadillas – cheesy quesadillas filled with chicken, carrots, bean sprouts, green onions, cilantro, peanuts, and peanut sauce.
Thai-style Chicken Flatbread
- ½ pound boneless (skinless chicken, cut into bite-size pieces)
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium naan
- ½ cup peanut dipping sauce (below)
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup roasted peanuts (chopped)
For the peanut sauce:
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- ½ teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 ½ tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 ½ tablespoons peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Combine the chicken with the soy sauce, honey, and cornstarch and let marinate at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Heat a nonstick frying pan over high heat. When hot, add the chicken pieces and saute for 2 to 3 minutes, until cooked through.
- Brush the olive oil all over the edges of the naan. Spread the peanut dipping sauce on each naan. Top with the mozzarella and cooked chicken. Bake for 5 to 8 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the edges are golden brown. Remove from the oven, top with cilantro and roasted peanuts.
To make the peanut sauce:
- Heat the oil in small saucepan over medium-low heat. When the oil is just starting to get hot, add the garlic and ginger and fry for 30 seconds until fragrant. Add the sweet chili sauce, hoisin sauce, water, and peanut butter and stir until smooth. Simmer until thickened. Let cool.
Things you may need for this recipe:
Want more easy weeknight chicken recipes?