Zesty Turkey Roll-Ups – deli turkey, cheddar cheese, tomatoes, lettuce, and taco seasoned mayo rolled up in a spinach wrap! Perfect for lunchboxes!
Summer lunches have been interesting so far.
One day last week my 4 year old requested a vienna sausage sandwich.
Vienna sausages on bread.
Even my husband – who could live on fried bologna sandwiches – gave that one a “WTF” when I told him about it.
I just have no interest in cooking actual meals at lunch time. So it’s microwavable mac & cheese cups and hot dogs most days.
With an occasional vienna sausage sandwich thrown in.
What do you do?
Zesty Turkey Roll-Ups!
I wanted to change things up for the kiddos but still keep it simple.
These Zesty Turkey Roll-Ups were perfect for a outside lunch one day when they were splashing around in mud puddles (that they created by dumping out their little pool as soon as I filled it up).
They roll-ups are super colorful and fun and amazingly, my kids did not complain about the lettuce or the tomato. Or the strange green tortilla!
They would be perfect for a lunchbox or even a quick dinner idea!
More Lunchbox Ideas
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 cup mayo
- 1 1.25 ounce packet taco seasoning
- 6 large spinach flour tortillas
- 1 pound deli-sliced turkey
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- green leaf lettuce
- Stir together mayo and taco seasoning. Start with about half of the packet and add more to taste.
- To assemble, spread desired amount of mayo on each tortilla. Place turkey slices on one side of the tortilla. Layer lettuce, tomatoes, and lettuce in the center of the tortilla.
- Starting on the side with the turkey, roll the tortilla up tightly. Use a bit more mayo if you need to, to help keep the tortilla closed.
- Sliced each rolled tortilla into 8 slices. Refrigerate until ready to eat.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 48 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 65Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 275mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 3g