I was walking through the grocery store a couple weeks ago and was overwhelmed by the smell of super ripe peaches.
It was the strangest experience. It’s such a familiar smell but it took me forever to figure out what it was. I guess I just wasn’t expecting to find peaches this early in the summer! But I was in a hurry and didn’t stop to buy any and regretted it almost immediately. I mean, is there anything better than a ripe peach?
I’ve been itching to make something with peaches since then and you guys know I love a good crumble! It’s just the easiest, most perfect summer dessert. For this one, you just toss fresh peaches, blueberries, and strawberries together in a baking dish and cover them with an oat crumble. So simple!
I may have fed this to my kids for dinner one night and they may have told on me the next time they skyped with my mom.
But you know, it’s fruit and oats. So basically oatmeal. And that’s a healthy meal.
- 3 cups fresh peach slices, about 3 medium
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh strawberry slices
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 cup sugar
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup old-fashioned oats
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- ice cream or whipped cream, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place peaches and berries in a 2-quart baking dish.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together egg, egg yolk, sugar, flour, oats, and salt until it forms a coarse meal. Sprinkle over fruit.
- Drizzle the melted butter over topping.
- Bake 40 - 45 minutes or until light brown and bubbly.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 310Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 93mgSodium: 145mgCarbohydrates: 51gFiber: 3gSugar: 36gProtein: 5g