Happy Sunday! Tomorrow my kids go back to school after 9 days off so we’re living it up with Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cupcakes! And probably a trip to the park to fly some kites that I found in the back of my closet while packing.
My kids are total cereal connoisseurs so they were pretty impressed by these cupcakes. They were, however, more impressed with the Skylanders Skystones game that came in the box of Cinnamon Toast Crunch.
Do you remember being a kid and being SO EXCITED when there was a toy in the box? I can remember standing in the cereal aisle and asking my mom for a specific kind just because it had a toy. And lucky me, I was an only child so I didn’t even have to fight anyone for the toy!
But anyway, the Skylanders Skystones games are hidden inside specially marked Big G cereals. You get the box of cards and then the gameboard is on the back of the box.
My oldest got his first Skylanders Playstation game for his birthday last month and since then all 3 of my boys have become obsessed with Skylanders. They Skystones game that comes in the cereal is so fun and I love that it fuels development through imaginative and cognitive play. And each Skystones game comes with a downloadable code to unlock characters in the popular mobile game.
Participating Big G Cereals include: Honey Nut Cheerios, Frosted Cheerios, Fruity Cheerios, Reese’s Puffs, Cookie Crisp, Lucky Charms, Trix and Cinnamon Toast Crunch.
Basically all my favorites.
Also, be sure to look out for special offers and free prizes inside Big G cereals all year long!
About the cupcakes?!
The cake part tastes like French toast except better because, well, cake. And then for the frosting, I used crushed Cinnamon Toast Crunch instead of sugar.
It. is. amazing.
Make sure you follow me around the internet!
- To make the cupcakes, preheat oven to 350F. Line 18 muffin cups with a paper liner. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, and vanilla and beat until combined.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking, soda, salt, and cinnamon. Add this mixture alternately with the milk and beat until just combined.
- Fill the prepared muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake for 17 - 20 minutes or until golden brown on top and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack before frosting.
- To make the frosting, put Cinnamon Toast Crunch in a food processor and process until cereal is crumbs.
- Beat butter with an electric mixer. Add in cereal and 1 tablespoon heavy cream. Beat until combined. If you want a thinner frosting, add another tablespoon of heavy cream and beat until combined. Frost cupcakes as desired and top with more Cinnamon Toast Crunch.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.