Apple Spice Cupcakes – yummy apple cupcakes topped with spiced vanilla frosting and cinnamon apple chips! Perfect fall cupcakes!
Happy almost Friday! I made cupcakes!
Guys, I am sick.
It’s about time since the kids have been in school for a few weeks and have all sneezed once or twice. Seriously though, weakest immune system ever.
If you need me, I’ll be Dayquil wasted (I don’t care what anyone says, that stuff makes me useless for hours) and watching Dawson’s Creek all day.
Apple Spice Cupcakes!
Honeycrisp’s are finally under $3/pound at my store. It’s absolute torture seeing them in the store for 4 or 5 bucks a pound because I refuse to pay that much for apples.
But oh my gosh, they are so good.
I picked up a few last week and sacrificed one for these Apple Spice Cupcakes.
The cupcakes are full of the apple and lots of spices and then they are topped with a spiced vanilla frosting and cinnamon apple chips.
More Cupcake Recipes
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
For the cucpakes:
- 1 ¼ cups flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- ½ cup 1 stick butter, melted
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large apple, peeled and grated
For the frosting:
- ¾ cup 1 ½ sticks butter, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon apple pie spice
- pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons milk
- cinnamon apple chips, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and allspice.
- With an electric mixer, beat together butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add sour cream, eggs, and vanilla; beat until well mixed. Slowly add in flour mixture and beat until just combined. Fold in grated apple.
- Divide batter among the prepared muffin cups. Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool completely before frosting.
To make the frosting:
- Beat butter, powdered sugar, apple pie spice, and salt until combined. Add in vanilla and beat on medium-high until creamy, about 3 minutes. Beat in milk until fluffy, about 1 minute.
- Frost cupcakes; top with apple pie spice and cinnamon apple chips.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 432Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 87mgSodium: 344mgCarbohydrates: 57gFiber: 1gSugar: 45gProtein: 3g