Loaded Cauliflower Mac and Cheese – cauliflower tossed in a delicious paleo cheese sauce and topped with bacon. Get your mac and cheese fix without the guilt!
Heeeey guys! Happy Monday!
How was the weekend?
I discovered that Crazy Ex-Girlfriend is now on Netflix and umm, it changed my life. You guys. No one told me that it’s a musical series.
Anyway, it’s really good and I’m not gonna tell you how many episodes I watched while I was catching up on some work that I’m waaaay behind on.
But today what I really wanna talk about is a new book from Cassy Joy Garcia of the blog Fed & Fit.
The book is also called Fed & Fit and it is the most beautiful paleo cookbook I’ve ever seen. It has over 175 amazing recipes but I think my favorite part is the 28-day plan.
Cassy lays it all out for you. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert. Plus, a pre- and post- workout snack. And she’s even planned workouts 5 days out of the week. She has a section in the book where she and the lovely Juli Bauer go through simple (but intense) workouts that you can do at home with minimal equipment.
I’m kind of obsessed with the plan and will be starting it as soon as I get myself to the grocery store.
Anyway, I made this Loaded Cauliflower Mac and Cheese so I’d have an excuse to talk all about this book and it was fantastic.
It’s not really mac and cheese, I know. But when you’re doing the paleo thing, this works. I grilled up some chicken thighs and threw them on top and called it dinner several nights in a row. But it’s also an excellent side dish!
Wait, Amanda, you can’t have cheese when you’re paleo.
The sauce calls for nutritional yeast which has a cheesy quality and is also really good for you.
Other recipes from Fed & Fit that I’m excited to make:
- BBQ Cobb Chicken Salad
- Barbacoa with Jicama Tortillas
- Hibiscus Mint Sparkler
- Sausage and Cranberry Acorn Squash
- Tuscan Chicken Frittata
Fed & Fit comes out on August 16 and if you’re into the paleo lifestyle, you need it. Also, Cassy’s doing a book tour and if you’re in Austin and wanna meet up for her signing on September 24, let me know!
from Fed & Fit
- In a wide soup pot or heavy-bottomed saucepan, cook the bacon over medium-high heat until crispy. Using a slotted spoon, scoop the bacon into a bowl. Drain off most of the fat remaining in the pan, but don't wipe the pan down.
- While the bacon is cooking, cut the cauliflower florets away from the stems. (You should have 6 cups of florets.) Steam the cauliflower by placing the cauliflower in a large microwavable bowl with 1/4 cup water. Cover and microwave on high for 5 minutes, or until the cauliflower is fork tender.
- Transfer the steamed cauliflower to the pot you used to cook the bacon. Add the remaining ingredients, except the chives, and stir to combine. Stir in half of the bacon and transfer to a serving dish. Garnish with the remaining bacon and the chives. Serve warm.
Want more cauliflower recipes?