Happy Monday, guys! Let’s make this week a good one.
I celebrated a special anniversary this weekend.
One of my besties has lived with me for a year now:
Can you believe it’s been a year since I stalked the rescue group for a week before deciding to go pick her up?!
In the last year she’s… broken her leg, roadtripped through Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama, torn up a lot of cardboard boxes, grown 3 times the size the vet thought she’d be, and walked around the neighborhood approximately a million times.
I made these Peanut Butter Dog Doughnuts to celebrate her special day.
They have bananas, peanut butter, honey… you know, all the good stuff. Plus a Greek yogurt frosting and crumbled dog treats on top to look like sprinkles.
I can’t say for certain how tasty they are but the dogs seemed to enjoy them!
PS. You could totally bake these as cupcakes if you don’t have a doughnut pan. Just bake for 20 – 22 minutes instead.
Make sure you follow me around the internet!
adapted from Urban Bakes
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a doughnut pan with baking spray.
- Beat peanut butter, vegetable oil, banana, honey, and egg until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Slowly add the dry mixture to the wet ingredients and beat until just combined.
- Transfer the mixture to a ziploc bag, snip off a corner, and pipe the mixture into the doughnut pan. They should be about 3/4 full.
- Bake 8 - 10 minutes or until browned and a toothpick inserted into doughnuts comes out clean. Invert onto a wire rack to cool completly.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- To make the frosting, stir together the Greek yogurt and honey. Spread the frosting onto cooled doughnuts and sprinkle the smashed dog treats on top.
Want more homemade dog treats?