Pumpkin Carrot Dog Treats – homemade dog treats made with pumpkin puree and shredded carrots. Your pup is going to love these!
I ever tell you guys about the first date I went on last year where I gave the poor guy a full pitch of the cookbook I want to write one day?
One glass of wine and I got real passionate about my maybe someday in the very distant future cookbook: Booze and B*tch Biscuits, a book all about cocktails and homemade dog treats.
Amazingly, we actually ended up going out a few more times after that.
I’m all in on pumpkin.
Oh! I haven’t had my first official PSL yet. Have you? I got one from McDonald’s a couple weeks ago because I like theirs so much more than Starbucks but I feel like I need to go to Starbucks just for an Instagram picture.
But yeah, Homemade Pumpkin Carrot Dog Treats!
Oh my gosh, y’all. The above photo? I had the treats I wasn’t using for photos propped up on the arm of the couch and I look over and Clementine was leaned up against the pillow, just staring at the treats just like my kids do when I’m photographing something they want to eat.
I don’t know how she knew they were hers but she did.
These are super simple – just canned pumpkin, shredded carrots, peanut butter, an egg, flour, and a tiny bit of cinnamon.
I have no idea how they taste but my dogs seem to like them. My six year old ate one and asked for another.
So yeah. I guess they’re not terrible.
More Homemade Dog Treats Recipes
- Peanut Butter Dog Doughnuts
- Pumpkin and Apple Dog Treats
- Peanut Butter Pupcakes
- Pumpkin Peanut Butter Dog Ice Cream
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup shredded carrots
- ⅓ cup natural creamy peanut butter
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cups flour, plus more for rolling
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and beat until combined. Transfer to a surface dusted with flour and roll out to about ½" thick. Use cookie cutters to cut out treats and transfer to prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 - 14 minutes or until they are slightly golden.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 65Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 21mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 2g