In case you didn’t know, I’m kind of a crazy dog lady.
I mean, maybe.
Just a little.
Sometimes I look at my Instagram and think, “Omg, I’ve got to post some food or some mountains or SOMETHING before all my people unfollow me because of all the dog photos!”
But anyway, Clementine turned 4 on Sunday which is CRAZY to me. How has 4 years passed already?!
We got her right after we moved to Colorado – I made my husband drive up to Black Forest to put a deposit on her before we even had a house! And I’d had her name picked out for literally years.
So for her birthday I made her some Peanut Butter Pupcakes because what pup doesn’t like homemade, dog-friendly cake for their birthday?
I can’t really vouch for their taste but both dogs gobbled them up and they were a lot of fun to bake. Less stress when you’re baking for dogs, that’s for sure!
Make sure you follow me around the internet!
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line 6 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour and baking soda until no clumps remain. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat peanut butter and vegetable oil with an electric mixer until smooth. Add in carrots, honey, and the egg and beat. Add flour mixture and beat until just combined. Divide the batter into the 6 prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 22 - 25 minutes or until cooked through. Cool completely before frosting.
- Beat the cream cheese and peanut butter until smooth. Top the cupcakes with a generous mound of frosting. Decorate with a dog bones.