Pineapple Baked Beans – a favorite side dish for barbecues! Beans with bacon, crushed pineapple, and brown sugar are baked until the sauce is thick and delicious.
Hi guys! Can you believe June is almost over? Summer is flying by and I’m not happy about it. I just want it to stay summer forever!
Like, I’m already signing kids up for fall sports and getting back to school emails and ugh, I’m not ready to be thinking about fall.
But we still have a lot of summer left and I have a great barbecue side dish for you today. If you love bacon and pineapple and baked beans, you are going to love these!
How To Make Pineapple Baked Beans
These Pineapple Baked Beans start out a lot like my Root Beer Baked Beans – with cans of pork and beans! I just think they are more flavorful than a can of plain ol’ baked beans.
The pork and beans are mixed with cooked bacon, sautéed onion, and crushed pineapple. You don’t need to drain the pineapple but the more pineapple juice you get in there, the more saucy your beans will be in the end.
And the rest is all super simple! Ketchup, mustard, brown sugar, salt, pepper, and hot sauce. Mix it all together and bake for about 45 minutes until the sauce is super thick and delicious!
It’s a great no fuss side dish and it’s also a pretty cheap side dish so it is perfect if you are feeding a crowd. But you may need to double it because it will go fast!
What To Serve with Pineapple Baked Beans
- Cheyenne Burgers
- Hawaiian BBQ Ribs
- Bacon Cheeseburger Sliders
- Buffalo Wing Burgers with Blue Cheese Slaw
- Beer and Brown Sugar Kielbasa
More Barbecue Side Dish Recipes
- Caesar Deviled Eggs
- Cranberry Almond Broccoli Salad
- Southwest Orzo Salad with Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette
- Pepperoni Pizza Pasta Salad
- Ramen Noodle Salad
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
You can also follow me on Instagram, Facebook, or Pinterest for even more!
Pineapple Baked Beans
- 3 bacon slices, diced
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 2 15 ounce cans pork and beans
- ½ cup crushed pineapple
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 400F. Spray a 1-quart baking dish with oil. Set aside.
- Cook bacon in a skillet over medium heat until crisp; remove with a slotted spoon drain on paper towels. Remove all but about 1 tablespoon of the bacon fat from the pan.
- Saute diced onion in bacon fat until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir together all ingredients until well combined. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake, uncovered, for 45 minutes or until sauce has thickened.
This Pineapple Baked Beans couldn’t look any more perfect!
Allyson Zea says
I am not a big fan of baked beans, but adding this pineapple flavor makes them delicious! Thank you so much for the tips!
I’ve made this for our barbecue night and it was a hit!
I have two questions about the pineapple baked beans. :
Can the bacon dish be greased with butter instead of oil ?
Did you use light brown sugar or dark brown sugar?
The 425 temperature seems HIGH…
If baked at 3:50 would that be too Low to bake them ?
I know that is three questions …
This question just came to mind while I was writing this.
Hope to be making this recipe for the Fourth of July.