Autumn Squash Soup (Panera Copycat) – this is the best fall soup and so easy! Vegetarian and full of butternut squash and pumpkin!
Heeeey guys! I feel like I haven’t talked to you in forever.
I’ve been in a weird funk the past month and haven’t been cooking or blogging or anything.
And then that post I put up Monday was written months ago. Which is why I shared a cole slaw recipe in fall. It’s fine, cole slaw is delicious all year long! Especially with barbecue!
Speaking of, I had the best barbecue over the weekend at Black’s BBQ down in Austin.
I was down there on Friday morning for a work thing and then when it was time to come home and get the kids, I realized I wasn’t ready to be back in Killeen so I grabbed them and we drove back to Austin and had barbecue and ice cream and stayed out way past bedtime.
The brisket was seriously spectacular. And the mac & cheese? Uhhh-mazing.
And then the ice cream was from Spun Ice Cream which I’ve been dying to visit for months. They do the liquid nitrogen thing and I think it is the coolest thing ever. Plus, they use local dairy and only the best ingredients.
I had the horchata ice cream (I’m obsessed with horchata right now) with peanut brittle. So good. And they gave me a punch card which means I now have to stop every time I’m down in Austin.
Autumn Squash Soup!
Keeping with the restaurant theme, my alltime favorite soup is Panera’s Autumn Squash Soup. I think I went there 3 times a week last fall for a cup. It’s an addiction.
But I finally got the recipe just right! It tastes exactly like Panera’s soup.
So it’s butternut squash and pumpkin puree mixed with veggie broth, apple juice, honey, curry powder, cinnamon, and a tiny bit of heavy cream stirred in at the end. And then you top it with pumpkin seeds for a bit of a crunch. It’s so perfect.
I went through this batch in 2 days.
Gonna make it again tomorrow.
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
More Comforting Soup Recipes
Pasta Fagioli – a hearty soup filled with sausage, pasta, and beans.
Sausage, Lentil, and Kale Soup – healthy and hearty!
Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup – the easiest soup! Creamy tomato soup with cheese tortellini.
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups cubed butternut squash
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- pumpkin seeds, for serving
- In a large soup pot, heat coconut oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is soft and translucent. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add butternut squash, pumpkin puree, vegetarian broth, apple juice, honey, curry powder, cinnamon, and salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, cover and lower to a simmer. Cook about 15 minutes, until the butternut squash is fork tender. Use an immersion blender or a regular blender to blend in batches until smooth. Transfer back to the pot and stir in heavy cream. Heat through.
- Garnish with pumpkin seeds before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 263 Total Fat: 10g Saturated Fat: 6g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 22mg Sodium: 403mg Carbohydrates: 42g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 10g Sugar: 14g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 5g
Things you may need for this recipe: