Banana Cream Pie – this no bake pie is the perfect summer dessert! Layers of vanilla custard, sliced bananas, and whipped cream in a graham cracker crust. So delicious!
I had a dream about Banana Cream Pie last week.
I had a dream about pie.
This is my life.
Clearly, I had to make a banana cream pie after that. Because once the idea was in my head, it wasn’t leaving.
Banana Cream Pie!
This is the easiest pie ever.
It starts with a graham cracker crust – homemade or not! Then you make a quick and simple vanilla custard. Layer that with bananas and top it all off with some freshly whipped cream (or Cool Whip if you prefer)!
This is the perfect pie for summer since it’s no bake and you’ll only spend a couple minutes whisking the custard on the stove.
More No Bake Dessert Recipes
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 graham cracker crust
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 cups milk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large bananas, sliced
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- In a large saucepan, stir together sugar, cornstarch, salt and milk over medium-high heat until bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from heat. Whisk a small amount of hot filling into eggs; return all to pan. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer.
- Remove from heat. Stir in butter and vanilla. Transfer to a bowl and press plastic wrap onto surface of custard to stop a film from forming; refrigerate, covered, until cool.
- Spread half of the custard into the graham cracker crust. Top with sliced bananas. Spread remaining custard over the bananas, smoothing out the top.
- Beat the heavy whipping cream and powdered sugar until soft peaks form. Spread over the pie. Store in fridge until ready to serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 571Total Fat: 35gSaturated Fat: 19gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 133mgSodium: 357mgCarbohydrates: 59gFiber: 1gSugar: 37gProtein: 8g