Can you even believe the color of these Blue Margaritas?! Just 5 ingredients! Perfect for Cinco de Mayo or poolside all summer long!
Looking for a kid-friendly drink that is just as pretty? Try Ocean Water!
My fave Mexican place back in Colorado Springs (3 Margaritas on Powers!) had the best blue curacao margaritas and I have been dying to make some ever since we moved down here.
So really, Blue Margaritas don’t taste that different from the classic but they’re so pretty! The blue comes from the curacao which tastes a lot like Triple Sec and is mostly there just for the color.
Also, it’s quite cheap at the liquor store so don’t let the 3 different types of booze scare you away from making this one.
Definitely add it to your Cinco de Mayo plans – your friends and fam will love it!
- Coarse salt
- Triple Sec
- Blue curacao
- Fresh lime juice
- Simple syrup
- Lime wedges
- Rim glasses with salt. Using 1 lime wedge for each glass, rub each rim. Dip rim in a plate of salt.
- Shake. Combine tequila, Triple Sec, blue curacao, lime juice and simple syrup in shaker, fill with ice cubes, and shake vigorously for 30 seconds.
- Strain and serve. Strain the margarita into glasses filled with ice. Garnish with lime wedges if desired.
Frozen Blue Margaritas
To make these into frozen blue margaritas, after shaking the ingredients, blend them with ice until it reaches your desired consistency.
More Margaritas Recipes
- Tequila Sunrise Margaritas
- Peach Margaritas
- Honeydew Margaritas
- Frozen Prickly Pear Margaritas
- Cantaloupe Coconut Margaritas
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- coarse salt
- 4 ounces tequila
- 1 ounce Triple Sec
- 2 ounces blue curacao
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon simple syrup
- lime wedges, for garnish
- Using 1 lime wedge for each glass, rub each rim. Dip rim in a plate of salt.
- Combine tequila, Triple Sec, blue curacao, lime juice and simple syrup in shaker, fill with ice cubes, and shake vigorously for 30 seconds. Strain the margarita into glasses filled with ice. Garnish with lime wedges if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 198Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 293mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 1gSugar: 9gProtein: 0g