Blackberry Margaritas – delicious and easy recipe for homemade margaritas using fresh blackberries!
Happy almost Friday!
Guys, I registered the kids for school yesterday. Didn’t school just let out?
I’m not ready for it! I need another 3 months of sleeping in and not packing lunches and not avoiding phone calls from teachers.
Don’t judge me.
Yesterday I also ordered a bunch of pumpkin and other fall Wallflowers from Bath & Body Works.
I’d really like if we could just have fall without all the not fun stuff that comes along with fall.
Last weekend I came across Nicole’s Blackberry Margaritas on Pinterest and couldn’t stop thinking about them, despite the fact that it was 9 am.
I don’t even like blackberries.
But whatever, I needed those margaritas in my life. So I loaded all the kids up (because the husband was in the field = why I needed margaritas at 9 am) and went to the store for blackberries.
I didn’t even wander around HEB, gathering samples and looking for new products. And you know that’s one of my favorite hobbies. I was wasting no time.
These were everything I’d hoped for and more. So delicious, so pretty! I already want to make them again!
You can either buy a bottle of simple syrup or make your own by heating 1 cup of sugar and 1 cup of water, stirring until all the sugar is dissolved.
More Margarita Recipes
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
For the blackberry puree:
- 6 ounces blackberries
- 1 tablespoon water
For the margaritas:
- the blackberry puree
- 8 ounces lime juice
- 8 ounces simple syrup
- 4 ounces orange liqueur, such as triple sec
- 6 ounces tequila
- salt to rim the glasses
- lime wedges and blackberries, for garnish
- To make the puree, blend the blackberries and water in a blender until smooth. Strain through a fine mesh strainer to remove seeds.
- To make the margaritas, combine the puree, lime juice, simple syrup, orange liqueur, and tequila in a pitcher.
- To rim the glasses, run a lime wedge around the rim of each glass and dip in salt. Add ice to each glass and pour margaritas over. Garnish with blackberries and limes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 350Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 25382mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 3gSugar: 39gProtein: 1g