Skinny Tequila Sunrise Margaritas – a low calorie margarita recipe using low sugar orange juice, limes, tequila, orange liqueur, and a little grenandine on the bottom to make it look like a sunrise. Enjoy these skinny margaritas all summer with absolutely no guilt!
Hey guys, happy Friday!
I made us margaritas because I am so done with winter and can’t even believe it’s still 30-something degrees in the mornings.
And is there anything that makes you feel more summery than a gorgeous margarita?
I mean, maybe it not being 30 degrees so you can wear your cute summer clothes would make you feel more summery. But these Skinny Tequila Sunrise Margaritas will have to work for now.
Why Is It Called Tequila Sunrise?
Tequila sunrise got it’s name because it looks like a sunrise!
The grenadine (a red syrup made from pomegranates) settles at the bottom of the glass and then starts to mix with the rest of the drink so the bottom looks red, the middle looks orange, and the top is yellow.
It’s one of my favorite drinks because it’s just so pretty!
- Orange liqueur
- Fresh-squeezed lime juice
- Low sugar orange juice – Trop 50 is my favorite brand for these margaritas
- Liquid sugar free sweetener – I love liquid Splenda for these drinks (and coffee and tea and everything!)
- Grenadine syrup
- Lime wedges
- Run a lime wedge around the edges of 2 glasses and dip in coarse salt
- Fill glasses with ice; set aside
- In a pitcher, stir together tequila, orange liqueur, lime juice, orange juice, and liquid sweetener
- Divide into the prepared glasses
- In the center of each glass, drop a few drops of grenadine syrup and allow it to settle on the bottom
- Top with lime wedge and cherry
More Margarita Recipes
- Watermelon Mint Margaritas
- Blackberry Margaritas
- Mango Margaritas
- Blue Margaritas
- Spicy Cilantro Margaritas
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 3 ounces tequila
- 2 ounces orange liqueur
- 2 ounces fresh-squeezed lime juice
- 4 ounces lower sugar orange juice, such as Trop 50
- 1 - 2 drops liquid sugar free sweetener of choice
- crushed ice
- grenadine syrup
- salt, lime wedges, and cherries, for serving (optional)
- Run a lime wedge around the edges of 2 glasses and dip into coarse salt (if you want salted rims). Fill with crushed ice and set aside.
- In a pitcher, stir together tequila, orange liqueur, lime juice, orange juice, and liquid sweetener. Divide into the prepared glasses. In the center of each glass, add a few drops of grenadine syrup and allow to settle on the bottom. Top with lime wedge and cherry, if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 186Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 3mgCarbohydrates: 5.5gFiber: 10gSugar: 2.8gProtein: 0g