Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Kielbasa – sliced kielbasa cooked in the crockpot in a delicious sweet and sour sauce. This is perfect over rice for an easy weeknight dinner or served by itself for a party snack!
Hi guys, I have the easiest recipe ever for you today.
My kids absolutely love this Sweet and Sour Chicken recipe and would happily eat it every night but I just haven’t been up to frying lately.
I was watching a vlog the other day and whoever I was watching mentioned Sweet and Sour Kielbasa and clearly I couldn’t stop thinking about it.
The great thing about this recipe is that, even though it’s a slow cooker recipe, it’s ready in 2 hours!
So if you’re an amazing procrastinator like me, you can still have dinner ready in time if you’re too lazy/tired/busy on Pinterest to put it in the slow cooker first thing in the morning. I actually put it in the slow cooker right before we left for soccer practice and by the time we got home, it was ready to go.
My boys went nuts over it. They ate all of it.
The entire recipe.
My two older boys were actually arguing over who was going to eat what was left on the baby’s plate (there was none).
This is such an easy recipe! You can have it in your slow cooker in literally minutes.
- Ketchup – I know this is a controversial ingredient but this is what creates the red base of the sauce. It also adds sweetness and a bit of sourness to the entire dish.
- Brown sugar – this is the sweet part of the sweet and sour.
- Worcestershire sauce – this adds a nice depth of flavor to the sauce.
- Butter – you have to have butter!
- Onion – use a yellow or white onion.
- White vinegar – this is the sour part of the sauce.
- Salt and pepper
- Kielbasa – I like to use a turkey kielbasa but you can use whatever kind of kielbasa you have.
How To Make Sweet and Sour Kielbasa
- Make sauce. Stir together ketchup, brown sugar, butter, onion, white vinegar, water, and salt and pepper in the bottom of the slow cooker
- Add kielbasa. Slice Kielbasa into bite-sized pieces and stir into sauce.
- Cook. Cook on low for 2 hours or high for 1 hour.
- Serve. Serve over rice and potatoes with extra sauce drizzled on top.
I used my 6 quart slow cooker but I think this would also be fine in an 8 quart slow cooker. I don’t recommend going much smaller than 6.
I also like to use a programmable slow cooker for this one so that I can have it set to warm if I’m serving them at a party.
Sweet and sour kielbasa is good for up 3 days. Make sure to store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge.
When you are ready to reheat, the microwave will be just fine.
I like to serve this kielbasa with butttery white rice or Mashed Potatoes. That way you have something to soak up all that delicious sauce.
More Slow Cooker Kielbasa Recipes
- Slow Cooker Beer and Brown Sugar Kielbasa
- Slow Cooker Apple Kielbasa Bites
- Cheesy Potato and Kielbasa Casserole
- Kielbasa and Potato Breakfast Burritos
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 2 cups ketchup
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup onion, diced
- 4 tablespoons white vinegar
- ½ cup water
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound kielbasa
- Put ketchup, brown sugar, butter, onion, white vinegar, water, and salt and pepper in the bottom of a slow cooker. Stir until combined.
- Slice kielbasa into bite-sized pieces. Put in slow cooker and stir to coat with sauce.
- Cook on low for 2 hours or high for 1 hour.
- Serve hot, over rice if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 442Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 65mgSodium: 1670mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 1gSugar: 35gProtein: 11g