Cake Mix Fudge Cookies – fudge chocolate cookies filled with chocolate chips and walnuts! And they’re so easy because they start with a boxed cake mix.
I cleaned out my pantry the other day (because my real resolution for this year is to declutter) and realized I have a ton of cake mixes. It’s become the “just in case” thing I buy every time I’m at the store because I can never remember if I have white, yellow, chocolate, funfetti, etc. at home. I have somehow collected 15 cake mixes in the 9 months we’ve lived here.
No frosting. Just cake mixes.
So one of my favorite things to do with cake mix is to make cookies. It has to be the easiest way to make cookies! You just need the cake mix, eggs, and oil! Plus whatever you want to mix in!
For this version, I started with a devil’s food cake mix for a rich chocolate cookie and then mixed in chocolate chips and walnuts, like classic fudge.
They are so soft and so delicious! Chocolate cookies are usually my last choice but man, these are good.
How To Make Cake Mix Fudge Cookies
- Beat together cake mix, vegetable oil, and eggs until well combined
- Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts
- Roll heaping tablespoonfuls into balls and place onto prepared baking sheet
- Bake 10 – 11 minutes
- Remove to wire rack to cool completely before serving
How Long Are Cake Mix Cookies Good For?
Cake mix cookies will be good up to 4 days when stored in an airtight container at room temperature (like on the kitchen counter).
More Cake Mix Cookies Recipes
- Funfetti Cake Mix Cookies
- Watermelon Cake Mix Sandwich Cookies
- Chocolate M&Ms Cake Mix Cookies
- White Chocolate Lemon Cake Mix Cookies
More Rich Chocolate Recipes
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 box Devil's Food cake mix
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cake mix, vegetable oil, and 2 eggs together until well combined. Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Take heaping tablespoons and roll into balls. Place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake 10 - 11 minutes, rotating sheets halfway through. Remove to wire rack to cool. Repeat with remaining dough.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 162Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 165mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 1gSugar: 12gProtein: 2g