Slow Cooker Cheesy Tortellini is going to be your family’s new favorite dinner. Cheese tortellini with ground turkey, pasta sauce, and 2 kinds of cheese all cooked in the slow cooker!
The holidays, man.
Are you exhausted already, too? We’re a week into December and already my schedule has been crazy with holiday stuff.
So I figured we could talk super easy recipes that are going to make your life so much and easier and free up more time to shop for the perfect cat-themed ugly Christmas sweater.
Ingredients for Slow Cooker Cheesy Tortellini
- Olive oil – you can use whatever cooking oil you prefer
- Ground turkey – you can use ground beef or chicken or whatever ground meat you prefer!
- Pasta sauce – use your favorite store-bought or homemade sauce
- Italian seasoning
- Frozen cheese tortellini
- Mozzarella cheese
- Parmesan cheese
Instructions for Slow Cooker Cheesy Tortellini
- Cook turkey until browned through
- Once turkey is cooked through, add garlic and cook until fragrant
- Transfer mixture to slow cooker
- Stir in pasta sauce and Italian seasoning
- Cook on low of 6 hours or high for 4 hours
- Add tortellini and mozzarella cheese
- Cook another 30 minutes, until cheese is melted and tortellini is warmed through
- Top with Parmesan cheese before serving
How Long It It Good For
This Slow Cooker Cheesy Tortellini will stay good in the fridge for up to 3 days. Make sure to use an airtight container to keep it fresh for as long as possible.
You can reheat in the microwave, on the stovetop, or even the slow cooker!
Can You Freeze Tortellini?
You can definitely freeze this tortellini. Let it cool completely and then transfer it to an airtight freezer container (like these bags). It will be fine in the freezer for up to 3 months.
When you are ready to serve it, let it sit in the fridge overnight and then you can pop it in the slow cooker or warm it up on the stovetop.
More Slow Cooker Recipes
- Crockpot Cheeseburgers
- Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Kielbasa
- Slow Cooker Carnitas Street Tacos
- Slow Cooker Beer and Brown Sugar Kielbasa
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 4 cups pasta sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 19-ounce package frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and ground turkey, cooking until the onion is translucent and the turkey is cooked through, breaking up the turkey as you go. Add garlic and cook just until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Transfer the mixture to your slow cooker. Stir in pasta sauce and Italian seasoning. Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3 hours. Add tortellini and mozzarella cheese; cook another 30 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the tortellini warmed through. Top with Parmesan cheese before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 477Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 104mgSodium: 1145mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 4gSugar: 8gProtein: 33g