Slow Cooker Cheesy Tortellini – cheese tortellini with ground turkey, pasta sauce, and 2 kinds of cheese all cooked in the slow cooker! A family favorite!
The holidays, man.
Are you exhausted already, too? We’re a week into December and already my schedule has been crazy with holiday stuff.
So I figured we could talk super easy recipes that are going to make your life so much and easier and free up more time to shop for the perfect cat-themed ugly Christmas sweater.
Ingredients for Slow Cooker Cheesy Tortellini
- Olive oil
- Ground turkey (you can substitute ground meat of your choice – but be sure to drain beef or anything else with lots of fat)
- Pasta sauce
- Italian seasoning
- Frozen cheese tortellini
- Mozzarella cheese
- Parmesan cheese
Instructions for Slow Cooker Cheesy Tortellini
- Cook turkey and onion in olive oil, breaking up the turkey as it cooks
- Once turkey is cooked through, add garlic and cook until fragrant, jus another 30 seconds or so
- Transfer mixture to slow cooker
- Stir in pasta sauce and Italian seasoning
- Cook on low of 6 hours or high for 4 hours
- Add tortellini and mozzarella cheese
- Cook another 30 minutes, until cheese is melted and tortellini is warmed through
- Top with Parmesan cheese before serving
How Long is Cheese Tortellini Good For
This Slow Cooker Cheesy Tortellini will stay good in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Make sure to store it in an airtight container – these are my favorite!
You can reheat in the microwave, on the stovetop, or even the slow cooker!
More Slow Cooker Recipes
- Crockpot Cheeseburgers
- Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Kielbasa
- Slow Cooker Carnitas Street Tacos
- Slow Cooker Beer and Brown Sugar Kielbasa
- Slow Cooker Coca-Cola BBQ Meatballs
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 4 cups pasta sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 19-ounce package frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and ground turkey, cooking until the onion is translucent and the turkey is cooked through, breaking up the turkey as you go. Add garlic and cook just until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Transfer the mixture to your slow cooker. Stir in pasta sauce and Italian seasoning. Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3 hours. Add tortellini and mozzarella cheese; cook another 30 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the tortellini warmed through. Top with Parmesan cheese before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 477Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 104mgSodium: 1145mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 4gSugar: 8gProtein: 33g