Chicken Club Egg Rolls – the most delicious egg roll recipe! Filled with chicken, bacon, avocado, and cheddar cheese. Plus, an amazing avocado ranch dipping sauce!
It’s always exciting for me to receive a blog I already know for my Secret Recipe Club assignment.
This month I got Erin of Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts. Erin organized that Colorado Fires fundraiser that I participated in and I’m happy to call her a friend.
When I sat down to pick a recipe from Erin’s blog, I had brownies on the brain and knew Erin would have the perfect recipe for me.
Buuuut as soon as I opened her blog, my 2 year old spotted these and started shrieking “THAT ONE! THAT ONE! THAAAAAAAAAT ONE!”
So yeah, I made her Chicken Club Egg Rolls.
Chicken Club Egg Rolls!
They’re eggrolls that are stuffed with chicken, avocado, bacon, and cheddar cheese.
Uhhh yeah, you see why my 2 year old wanted them so badly.
Erin’s are baked but I’ve never had luck baking egg roll or wonton wrappers so I fried. And I hate frying but for something like egg rolls, I think it’s totally worth it.
They were fantastic.
Benjamin (the one who chose the recipe) had 4 of them! And this is the kid who claims that he doesn’t like bacon or avocado. The dipping sauce was delicious too. I’ve never tried the avocado + ranch combo but now I see why it’s so popular!
You should definitely make these. They’d be perfect as an appetizer or an entree!
More Appetizer Recipes
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
For the eggrolls:
- 8 eggroll wrappers, found in the produce section
- 2 cups grilled chicken, diced
- ½ avocado, diced
- 3 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- oil, for frying
For the avocado ranch dipping sauce:
- ½ avocado
- 1 tablespoon dry Ranch mix
- 1 tablespoon plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Heat oil in a large, heavy pan to 375F.
- In a large bowl combine chicken, diced avocado, bacon, and cheddar cheese.
- To assemble eggrolls, lay 1 eggroll wrapper on your workspace. Put about ⅓ cup of the mixture down the center of the wrapper. Use a pastry brush to brush water around the edges of the wrapper. Fold the sides over. Then starting with edge closest to you, fold over, making sure the filling stays inside. Use a little additional water to seal if needed. Repeat with the rest of the filling.
- Fry one at a time (or 2 if your pan is large enough), turning occasionally until deep golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- To make the dipping sauce, mash the avocado with the dry Ranch mix. Stir in yogurt, lime juice, and salt.
- Serve the eggrolls with the dipping sauce.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 319Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 82mgSodium: 556mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 2gSugar: 0gProtein: 25g