Cranberry Brie Bites – a quick and easy holiday appetizer! Melted brie and cranberry sauce in crisp phyllo cups with candied walnuts on top!
I can’t even believe we are weeks away Thanksgiving. You guys, how did this happen?!
I feel like I’m behind on planning everything – have you figured out your menu yet?
I forever have that problem where I have so many recipes I want to try but I also want to make all the holiday classics and there’s just not enough room on my table for everything and it’s just me and my 3 boys so it’s not like we need a ton of food.
I do have desserts figured out which, you know, is the most important part.
And I will definitely be making these Cranberry Brie Bites! They are the perfect little appetizer or they would be so cute on a cheese board! Plus, they are really simple and always a favorite at my holiday parties.
- Brown Sugar
- Frozen phyllo cups
- Brie cheese
- Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce
How To Make Candied Walnuts
- Melt butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon together over low heat until sugar is dissolved
- Stir in walnuts and stir to coat
- Pour onto wax paper to cool completely
How To Make Cranberry Brie Bites
- Place phyllo cups on a baking sheet
- Place a piece of brie into each cut
- Bake at 350F for 5 – 7 minutes until brie has softened
- Top with cranberry sauce and candied walnuts
Can You Make Them Ahead?
No, I don’t recommend making these Cranberry Brie Bites ahead. They are best when the cheese is still warm and gooey and the phyllo dough is crispy.
More Holiday Appetizer Recipes
- Maple Pecan Baked Brie
- Caesar Deviled Eggs
- Fancy Pigs in a Blanket
- Bacon Cranberry Baked Brie
- Slow Cooker Apple Kielbasa Bites
- Cranberry Meatballs
Make sure yo subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
For the candied walnuts:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
For the Cranberry Brie Bites:
- 12 frozen phyllo cups, defrosting for 10 minutes
- 3 ounces brie, cut in 12 pieces
- ¼ cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- To make the walnuts, melt butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon together in a small saucepan over low heat until sugar is completely dissolved. Stir in walnuts, making sure to coat all of them. Pour onto wax paper to cool completely.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place phyllo cups on a lined baking sheet. Place a piece of brie into each cup. Bake for 5 - 8 minutes, until brie has softened but not melted completely. Divide cranberry sauce between the cups. Sprinkle with candied walnuts.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 189Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 25mgSodium: 146mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 1gSugar: 9gProtein: 3g