Crockpot Cheeseburgers – sloppy joe style cheeseburgers cooked in the slow cooker. Serve it on buns with all your favorite burger fixins for an easy weeknight dinner the whole family will love!
Happy Wednesday guys! We made it halfway through the week!
In case I forgot to mention it, I am currently obsessed with bread and butter pickles and Velveeta cheese slices right now.
I mean, if that’s not the epitome of sophisticated taste buds, I don’t know what is.
But every morning, I have 2 eggs with a slice of Velveeta cheese and every afternoon, I have one of my burger salads with tons of pickles on it.
And more than once in the last month, we’ve had these Crockpot Cheeseburgers for dinner because Velveeta! And pickles! My two favorites in one easy dinner!
- Olive oil
- Ground beef – you can use ground turkey or chicken if you want it to be a little bit lighter.
- Salt and pepper
- Velveeta cheese – don’t be tempted to use shredded cheese, it has to be Velveeta so you get that texture.
- Buns – use your favorite buns.
- Cheese slices – this is optional but definitely makes it look more like a cheeseburger.
- Pickles – these are optional. You can also top the cheeseburgers with lettuce, tomato, onions, or whatever you normally put on your cheeseburgers.
How To Make Crockpot Cheeseburgers
- In a skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat.
- Add ground beef and diced onion and cook, breaking up the beef, until no pink remains and the onions are translucent. Add garlic and cook another 30 seconds, just until fragrant.
- Transfer to the slow cooker and season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in Velveeta, ketchup, and mustard.
- Cover and cook on low for 3 – 4 hours, stirring about once an hour.
- Serve on buns with more cheese and pickles!
I use my 6 quart slow cooker for these cheeseburgers but I think you could also use an 8 quart. I don’t recommend going much smaller than 6 or you will run out of room.
Crockpot cheeseburgers are good for 2 – 3 days after cooking. Make sure to store them in an airtight container in the fridge.
When you are ready to enjoy the leftovers, you can reheat them in the microwave or on the stovetop.
What To Serve With Crockpot Cheeseburgers
- Beautiful Burger Buns
- Cranberry Almond Broccoli Salad
- Fritos Corn Salad
- Root Beer Baked Beans
- Cole Slaw Pasta Salad
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 ½ pounds lean ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- buns, for serving
- cheese slices, for serving
- pickles, for serving
- In a skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add ground beef and diced onion and cook, breaking up the beef, until no pink remains and the onions are translucent. Add garlic and cook another 30 seconds, just until fragrant.
- Transfer to the slow cooker and season with salt and pepper. Stir in Velveeta, ketchup, and mustard.
- Cover and cook on low for 3 - 4 hours, stirring about once an hour. Serve on buns with more cheese and pickles!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 438Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 135mgSodium: 927mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 1gSugar: 6gProtein: 41g