If yesterdays post was last minute 4th of July ideas, here’s a last last minute idea.
My boys bought their daddy a grill for Father’s Day and he’ss been obsessed with it ever since. He’s so serious about it that he’s been going to the grocery store by himself to pick out what he wants to grill. It’s been the usual for the most part (burgers, sausage, chicken) but one day he shocked me with some corn. It was so delicious right off the grill and I knew immediately that I wanted to make this salad with it.
The sweet corn with the tart lime dressing is such a weird combination but so good! And anything with avocado is good in my book! Husband doesn’t like avocado or cilantro but even he liked this. I’m definitely making this again the next time we have some extra grilled corn.
I do recommend using cherry tomatoes. I used the larger grape tomatoes and I felt like they were too big compared to the rest of the ingredients. If you love tomatoes (I don’t) you might not have an issue with it though.
Grilled Corn and Avocado Salad
- 2 ears of fresh sweet corn
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes (halved)
- 1 ripe avocado (diced)
- 2 tablespoon fresh cilantro (chopped)
- juice of 1 lime
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Remove husks from corn and grill over medium heat for 10 minutes. The corn should have some brown spots and be tender and not mushy. Let cool slightly before cutting the corn off the cob. Add tomatoes, avocado, and cilantro.
- To make the dressing, whisk together the lime juice, olive oil, honey, garlic, and salt and pepper. Pour over the corn mixture and gently toss to combine. Refrigerate for at least 10 â€“ 15 minutes before