Pistachio Marshmallow Salad – light and fluffy fruit salad made with Cool Whip, pistachio pudding, pineapple, and marshmallows. It’s the BEST fruit salad!
If you want a fruit salad without pistachio, try Marshmallow Fruit Salad!
Okay, we’re using the word “salad” very loosely here.
My kids love stuff like this. What kid wouldn’t love a fruit salad full of marshmallows?!
And I love it because it’s so easy. You just stir everything together and let it sit for a couple hours in the fridge. So it’s great for a party or holiday where you know you’ll be really busy preparing a million other things.
What Is Pistachio Marshmallow Salad?
Pistachio marshmallow salad is a fruit salad that’s sometimes referred to as pistachio fluff because it turns out so airy and fluffy. It’s also sometimes called Watergate Salad.
It’s a delicious dessert or a fun side dish option. It’s also great for potlucks and holidays!
- Cool Whip
- Instant pistachio pudding mix
- Pineapple tidbits
- Miniature marshmallows
- Green food coloring – you can leave this out if you want. I just like a really bright green pistachio color
- In a large mixing bowl, fold together Cool Whip, pistachio pudding mix, pineapple tidbits, miniature marshmallows, and green food coloring until well combined
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours
- Sprinkle with chopped pistachios before serving, if desired
Can You Make Marshmallow Salad Ahead?
Pistachio marshmallow salad needs to be made 2 hours ahead in order for the pudding to set and for it to become fluffy. I don’t recommend making it more than 8 hours before you plan to serve it.
How Long Is Marshmallow Salad Good For?
Marshmallow fruit salad is best served the day it’s prepared but it will stay good in the fridge for several days. The Cool Whip may start to deflate and be less fluffy the longer it sits.
More Fruit Salad Recipes
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 (16 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1 (3.4 ounce) box instant pistachio pudding mix
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- 5 drops green food coloring, optional
- pistachios, for topping
- In a large mixing bowl, fold together Cool Whip, pudding mix, drained pineapple tidbits, mini marshmallows, and food coloring (if using) until well combined.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle to pistachios, if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 58Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 24mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 0gSugar: 10gProtein: 0g