Pesto Egg Salad – hard-boiled eggs in a delicious pesto and dijon mustard dressing. Perfect for sandwiches or lettuce cups!
I love fun twists on egg salad. You’re never going to catch me eating a hard-boiled egg on it’s own but toss it with mayo and pesto and red onion? Love it.
This Pesto Egg Salad is great for prepping on the weekend and making sandwiches or salads with it all week long. It’s really simple and really delicious!
- 8 hard-boiled eggs
- ¼ cup mayonnaise – you can substitute plain Greek yogurt (or do half Greek yogurt/half mayo if you want to cut some of the calories)
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 ½ tbsp pesto – store-bought or homemade
- ¼ cup red onion
- ¼ cup celery
- 1 garlic clove
- salt and pepper
- bread, lettuce, and tomatoes – optional, for serving
- Peel hard-boiled eggs; set aside
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, dijon mustard, pesto, red onion, celery, garlic, and salt and pepper
- Dice eggs; add to mayonnaise mixture and toss to coat
- Serve with bread, lettuce, and tomatoes, if desired
How To Hard Boil Eggs
There are so many different ways to hard boil eggs!
My preferred method is with the Instant Pot. I would say 90% of my Instant Pot use is hard boiling eggs these days!
It just makes eggs that are so easy to peel and come out perfect every time. I use the 5-5-5 method which is 5 minutes on high pressure, 5 minute natural release, and then move the eggs to a bowl of ice water for 5 minutes. And then peel! The shells just slide off with this method.
You can also do them on the stovetop or an electric egg cooker!
How Long Is Egg Salad Good For?
Egg salad will stay good for 3 – 5 days if stored in an airtight container in the fridge. I like these glass containers for storing leftovers and keeping them as fresh as possible.
Since this egg salad has mayonnaise in it, don’t leave it at room temperature for more than a couple hours.
Can You Freeze Egg Salad
I don’t recommend freezing egg salad. The texture of the egg whites could become rubbery once defrosted.
What To Serve with Egg Salad?
I like to do this pesto egg salad as sandwiches with lettuce and tomatoes. You can also serve it on top of a bed or lettuce or in single pieces of lettuce to make lettuce wraps.
More Recipes with Hard Boiled Eggs
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 8 eggs, hard-boiled
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 ½ tbsp pesto
- ¼ cup red onion, finely diced
- ¼ cup celery, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- bread, lettuce, tomatoes, for serving (optional)
- Peel eggs; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, dijon mustard, pesto, red onion, celery, garlic, salt, and black pepper.
- Diced eggs and add to the mayonnaise mixture; gently toss to coat.
- Serve on bread with lettuce and tomatoes, if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 417Total Fat: 35gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 25gCholesterol: 386mgSodium: 867mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 15g