Homemade Sprinkle Marshmallows – easy homemade marshmallow recipe. Only 6 ingredients and so fun for s’mores or hot chocolate!
Okay, so this isn’t technically s’mores but how fun are s’mores made with sprinkle marshmallows?!
But first, we haven’t talked Olympics.
Are you into it?
I really only care about the opening ceremony and gymnastics.
I was such a mess during the opening ceremony. I happy cried through most of it and I can’t even explain it. Every time they introduced a new country, I squealed, “Aww!” and started crying.
My kids left the room after the first 2 countries. No idea why.
Homemade marshmallows are one of my favorite things to make. It’s just so satisfying to turn sugar, water, gelatin, and an egg white into marshmallows.
Seriously though, what genius decided to mix all that together and create the delicious glue that holds all s’mores together?
I would like to suggest a holiday in that person’s honor.
I would also like to suggest you make these marshmallows and use them to make Raspberry White Chocolate S’mores.
How to Make Homemade Marshmallows
Have you made marshmallows before? They’re really not that difficult but they do require a lot of patience.
- Sprinkle unflavored gelatin over water and set aside to soften
- In a saucepain, heat remaining water and sugar over low heat until sugar is dissolved
- Let bubble until the mixture reaches 250F on a candy thermometer
- Remove from heat and whisk in gelatin mixture
- Use a stand mixer to beat egg white to stiff peaks
- Slowly stream the hot syrup into the beaten egg white and beat until mixture is thick and has tripled in size
- Fold in vanilla and half the sprinkles
- Pour mixture into a rimmed baking sheet dusted with powdered sugar
- Sprinkle remaining marshmallows over top
And then you have to let them set overnight before you can cut into them into squares and toast them over your stove.
I mean, your campfire.
Don’t judge me.
How Long Are Homemade Marshmallows Good For?
These marshmallows will be good for up to a week. Make sure to store them in an airtight container and they may need to be refrigerated if your house is really warm.
Nicole made S’mores Crack!
Yeeeeeess, like the saltine version that everyone makes at Christmas! I’m so excited to make this soon!
More Recipes with Sprinkles
- Birthday Cake Pudding Pops
- Cake Batter Blondie Bars
- Funfetti Cake Mix Cookies
- Birthday Cake Ice Cream
- Confetti Cookies
- Birthday Cake Milkshake
- Homemade Funfetti Cupcakes
- Funfetti Dip
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin
- ⅔ cup water, divided
- 1 ¼ cup sugar
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup rainbow sprinkles
- butter and powdered sugar, for greasing the pan
- Butter a 9x13-inch pan generously and dust bottom and sides with powdered sugar.
- Put ⅓ cup water in a small bowl and sprinkle gelatin over top; set aside to soften.
- In a heavy saucepan, heat remaining ⅓ cup water and sugar over low heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Increase heat to medium and let bubble, without stirring, until the mixture reaches 250F. Be patient, it can take 10+ minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in the gelatin mixture.
- Put the egg white in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk and beat to stiff peaks. Lower the mixer to low and slowly stream in the hot syrup. Beat until the mixture is thick and white and has tripled in size. Fold in vanilla and half of the sprinkles.
- Pour mixture into the prepared pan and use a spoon to smooth the top. Sprinkle with remaining marshmallows.
- Chill overnight.
- To remove, run a knife around the sides of the pan and invert onto a powdered sugar covered cutting board. The easiest way to cut the marshmallows is with a pizza cutter. Toss them in powdered sugar after you cut them to make sure they don't stick to each other.
- Keep in an airtight container for up to a week.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 103Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 9mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 0gSugar: 21gProtein: 0g