Iced Oatmeal Cookies – the classic crispy oatmeal cookies a thin layer of icing on top.
Iced oatmeal cookies remind me of high school. Every class party we ever had, at least 3 people would show up with iced oatmeal cookies. And no matter how many packages of cookies there were, there would be none leftover.
They were the best cookies. Crispy but not super crispy, with just a thin layer of icing on top. They were perfect.
And these cookies? Are exactly like those. But obviously better since you don’t have to leave your house.
Classic Oatmeal Raisin Cookies are another favorite when I want a chewier cookies!
More Oatmeal Cookie Recipes
- Oatmeal Toffee Cookies
- Kitchen Sink Oatmeal Cookies
- Chocolate Oatmeal Pecan Cookies
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Sandwich Cookies
- Oatmeal Cream Pies
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
For the cookies:
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup 2 sticks unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
For the icing:
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 5 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350F and line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Stir together the oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat together the melted butter, sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy.. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing until combined. Mix in the dry oat mixture. mixing until just combined.
- Drop dough by (heaping) rounded tablespoons onto prepared cookie sheets and flatten slightly with the bottom of a glass or something similar. Bake for 14-16 minutes, rotating halfway through, until browned. Let cookies cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes before moving to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the glaze, whisk together the powdered sugar and milk until no lumps remain. Glaze each cookie and allow to harden before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 36 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 148Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 141mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 1gSugar: 14gProtein: 2g