Cupid’s Crunch – the cutest Valentine’s Day treat! Chex cereal coated in white chocolate and peanut butter and tossed in powdered sugar. With Valentine’s Day M&Ms and heart sprinkles!
Need more Valentine’s Day recipes? Try Pink Velvet Funfetti Cupcakes and Valentine’s Day Pudding Cookies!
I’m sure I tell y’all this every year but Valentine’s Day is my favorite holiday.
I love any excuse to put hearts up in every room of my house. And this year is even more exciting for me because I finally have a kid in school which means I finally have an excuse to buy those cute little cards.
I also love any excuse to use heart sprinkles and this Cupid’s Crunch is perfect for that!
It’s like your classic muddy buddies but uses white chocolate to coat the Chex instead of milk chocolate. There’s also peanut butter mixed into the white chocolate because, duh.
- Chex cereal – rice or corn Chex work best here
- White chocolate chips
- Peanut butter
- Powdered sugar
- Valentine’s Day M&Ms – whatever variety of M&Ms that you like best!
- Valentine’s Day sprinkles
How To Make Cupid’s Crunch
- Prepare. Place cereal in medium bowl.
- Melt. In small microwavable bowl, microwave vanilla chips, peanut butter and butter uncovered on High 1 minute to 1 minute 30 seconds, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted and smooth.
- Combine. Pour peanut butter mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated.
- Add powdered sugar. Place ½ of the cereal mixture in 1-gallon food-storage plastic bag. Add powdered sugar. Seal bag; shake until well coated.
- Cool. Spread on waxed paper or foil; cool about 15 minutes.
- Add candy! Meanwhile, stir candies and sprinkles into remaining cereal mixture.
- Cool. Spread on waxed paper or foil; cool about 15 minutes. In serving bowl, mix both cereal mixtures. Store in airtight container.
How Long Is It Good For?
Cupid’s Crunch will be good for about a week in an airtight container.
More Valentine’s Day Ideas!
- Red Velvet Brownies with Cream Cheese Frosting
- White Chocolate Mousse with Raspberry Sauce
- Chocolate Chip Croissant Bread Pudding
- Flourless Chocolate Cake
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
You can also follow me on Instagram, Facebook, or Pinterest for even more!
- 4 ½ Chex cereal
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup Valentine's Day M&Ms
- 2 tablespoons Valentine's Day sprinkles
- Place cereal in medium bowl. In small microwavable bowl, microwave vanilla chips, peanut butter and butter uncovered on High 1 minute to 1 minute 30 seconds, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted and smooth. Pour peanut butter mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated.
- Place ½ of the cereal mixture in 1-gallon food-storage plastic bag. Add powdered sugar. Seal bag; shake until well coated. Spread on waxed paper or foil; cool about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir candies and sprinkles into remaining cereal mixture. Spread on waxed paper or foil; cool about 15 minutes.
- In serving bowl, mix both cereal mixtures. Store in airtight container.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 173Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 133mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 1gSugar: 12gProtein: 3g
Renee Fuller says
What a cute and simple treat!
Jenn & Vicki @ 2 Bees in a Pod says
This is such a cute idea and I love the name! It also looks delicious and a special treat that would be hard to put down :) Thanks so much for sharing on Something to Talk About!
My boyfriend loves puppy chow- going to make this for him this weekend!
Averie @ Averie Cooks says
I bet that’s just a wee bit addictive. Love it! I am a big fan of white chocolate too!
Julie @ Table for Two says
the name of this recipe just makes me giggle – haha i love it! i would eat way too many bowls of this. sooo good!
I love white chocolate and peanut butter together!
a farmer in the dell says
I want to reach through the computer screen and eat that whole bowl! yum!
Awwww, I love V-Day too – glad I’m not the only one! I don’t know why I still haven’t made muddy buddies yet but I’m thinking this is the perfect version for me. I adore white chocolate!
Nicole @ youngbrokeandhungry says
I dont believe in going out for dinner either on Valentines day. A home cooked meal is such more intimate. And this puppy chow looks perfect for the national holiday of love!
I’ll eat the whole bowl. K thanks!
Georgia @ The Comfort of Cooking says
Just by looking at your pictures I can tell that this would be MAJORLY addictive stuff! Great recipe!
Katrina @ In Katrina's Kitchen says
Those adorable little treat cups popped into my cart the other day at Target too! Gah they are so cute I can hardly stand it!
Gerry @ Foodness Gracious says
Sounds dangerous for snacking, I’d probably eat the entire batch :) love white chocolate!