Instant Pot Sesame Chicken – your favorite takeout chicken made at home! Chicken cooked in a sweet and savory honey sauce – and it’s ready in less than 30 minutes in the pressure cooker!
I love making our favorite takeout dishes at home. It’s so much cheaper, so much better for you, and tastes just as delicious!
Sesame chicken has always been my go to takeout order. I just love that sticky sweet sauce and all the sesame seeds on top.
This Instant Pot Sesame Chicken has that sesame chicken sauce I love and it’s so much healthier than the deep fried takeout! Plus, it’s ready in less than 30 minutes!
I also have a Pressure Cooker Orange Chicken recipe if you’re looking for more homemade takeout recipes.
- Sesame oil
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Soy sauce – you can use coconut aminos or tamari if gluten free
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- toasted sesame seeds
- Rice – for serving
- Green onions – for serving
- Brown chicken. Press saute button on pressure cooker and add sesame oil. Once oil is hot, brown chicken. Once chicken is browned, press cancel or stop.
- Mix sauce. Stir together honey, soy sauce, hot water, garlic, and crushed red pepper flakes. Pour into pressure cooker and stir to combine.
- Cook sesame chicken. Lock pressure cooker lid and close pressure-release valve. Adjust to high pressure for 5 minutes. When time is up, carefully quick release the pressure and remove lid once pressure is released.
- Thicken sauce. Whisk together cornstarch and cold water. Pour into the pressure cooker and press the saute button. Let simmer until thickened, just a couple minutes.
- Serve. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds. Serve on rice with green onions on top.
How Long Is Sesame Chicken Good For?
Instant Pot Sesame Chicken will be good in the fridge for 3 – 4 days. I would store the chicken separate from rice or the rice will soak up all the sauce.
Make sure to store it in an airtight container to keep the chicken fresh for as long as possible. These glass containers with airtight lids are my favorites for all our leftovers.
I recommend reheating sesame chicken in the microwave. If the sauce has thickened too much, a splash of water or chicken broth will help to get it back to it’s original consistency.
What To Serve with Sesame Chicken?
I serve this with Trader Joe’s Veggie Fried Rice. Yeah, the one in the frozen section. We love it, it’s 3 bucks, and it goes great with all our favorite takeout fakeout recipes. Homemade fried rice or even plain white rice works just as well!
You could also serve it with Ramen Noodle Salad if you aren’t into rice!
I also like to do a green veggie with it, like Roasted Broccolini.
More Instant Pot Recipes
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 ½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size chunks
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup hot water
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoon cold water
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- rice, for serving
- sliced green onions, for serving
- Turn pressure cooker to saute setting. Add sesame oil. Once oil is hot, brown chicken.
- Once chicken is browned, press cancel or stop.
- In a small bowl, whisk together honey, soy sauce, hot water, garlic, and crushed red pepper flakes. Stir into pressure cooker.
- Lock lid on pressure cooker and close pressure release valve. Adjust settings to pressure cook on high for 5 minutes.
- Once done, quick release by carefully opening pressure release valve and removing lid once pressure is completely released.
- In a small bowl, whisk togeher cornstarch and cold water. Pour into pressure cooker.
- Press the saute button and let simmer until thickened, only a couple minutes.
- Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.
- Serve on rice with green onions on top.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 459Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 145mgSodium: 1005mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 1gSugar: 18gProtein: 56g