Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip – creamy, spicy dip filled with buffalo sauce, ranch dressing, and shredded chicken! Made in 15 minutes in the pressure cooker. Serve with chips and celery sticks for the perfect party appetizer!
Hi guys! With the Superbowl coming up, I thought I’d share a classic Superbowl party favorite but made in the pressure cooker!
I’ve been making Buffalo Chicken Dip for every Superbowl for at least 10 years. It’s always a crowd favorite and a great alternative to messy wings.
Plus, this Instant Pot version takes less than 30 minutes from start to finish! But if you don’t have a pressure cooker or just don’t want to use it, I have a Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe that’s made in the oven, too!
How To Make Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Cook boneless skinless chicken breasts and Frank’s Red Hot Sauce in the Instant Pot for 15 minutes; natural release for 5 minutes and then quick release to let out remaining pressure
- Shred chicken and return to the Instant Pot
- Add cream cheese, ranch dressing, and Colby Jack cheese; stir until everything is melted and combined
- Sprinkle with blue cheese and sliced green onions before serving, if desired
- Serve with tortilla chips and celery sticks
Can You Make Buffalo Chicken Dip Ahead?
Yes, you can make this Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip ahead of time.
If you only need to make it an hour or so ahead, just keep the Instant Pot on the Keep Warm feature until you are reasy to serve.
If you need to prep it more than an hour before, store it in the fridge in an airtight container and reheat in the microwave or in the oven. You can also put the Instant Pot on Keep Warm and reheat it that way if you plan to serve it right out of the Instant Pot.
How Long is Buffalo Chicken Dip Good For?
This Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip should stay good in the fridge for 3 – 4 days. Make sure you store it in an airtight container.
You can reheat it in the microwave or put it in an oven-safe dish and bake it at 350F until it starts to bubble.
Can You Freeze Buffalo Chicken Dip?
Yes, you can freeze Buffalo Chicken Dip but the texture may change a little bit after being frozen. It will taste the same but might not be as creamy as it was originally.
To freeze, put it in an airtight freezer-safe container. It can be frozen for up to 3 months. Thaw it in the fridge overnight before reheating and serving.
What To Serve with Buffalo Chicken Dip
I always serve Buffalo Chicken Dip with tortilla chips and celery sticks. You can also serve it with your favorite kind of crackers, baby carrots, pretzels, pita chips, anything you enjoy really!
Can You Make Buffalo Chicken Dip in the Crockpot?
Yes! But it’s going to take awhile.
You will need all the same ingredients and follow the same instructions but your chicken is going to need to cook on high for 3 – 4 hours or low for 5 – 6 hours, until it is easily shredded with a fork.
Once the chicken is cooked, add the remaining ingredients like the recipe says.
More Instant Pot Recipes
- Instant Pot Orange Chicken
- Instant Pot Banana Walnut French Toast
- Instant Pot Crack Chicken
- Instant Pot Sweet Potato Chicken Curry
More Buffalo Chicken Recipes
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup Frank's Red Hot Sauce
- 2 (8-ounce) blocks cream cheese
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 1 ½ cups Colby Jack cheese
- blue cheese, optional, for serving
- green onions, optional, for serving
- tortilla chips and celery, for serving
- Trim fat from chicken and place in insert of Instant Pot. Pour Frank's Red Hot Sauce over top. Close Instant Pot and make sure steam valve is also closed. Cook on HIGH pressure for 15 minutes.
- Once 15 minutes is up, let naturally release for 5 minutes and quick release the remaining pressure.
- Use tongs to remove chicken to a bowl and shred with 2 forks. Return to Instant Pot.
- Set Instant Pot to Keep Warm. Add cream cheese, ranch dressing, and cheese. Stir to combine. It may take a few minutes for the cream cheese to melt and become fully incorporated. You can let it sit in the warm Instant Pot for about 5 minutes and then give it a good stir.
- You can leave it in the Instant Pot on Keep Warm and serve it like that or transfer to a seving dish. Sprinkle with blue cheese and green onions before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 228Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 56mgSodium: 841mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 17g