Take advantage of meyer lemon season while it’s here! Moist and delicious Meyer Lemon Blueberry Bundt Cake is filled with blueberries and meyer lemon zest and topped with a cream cheese frosting.
Originally published February 3, 2014. Updated March 23, 2021.
No dessert screams spring to me like a lemon dessert. They just feel light and fresh, just like spring!
This Meyer Lemon Blueberry Bundt Cake is extra special because it uses meyer lemons, a citrus fruit that’s only around late winter and spring.
What Is A Meyer Lemon
Meyer lemons are a cross between a regular lemon and a mandarin orange. They tend to be darker in color than regular lemons and also sweeter.
Unlike regular lemons, meyer lemons are only available for a few months out of the year. You’re most likely to find them from December – May each year.
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Unsalted butter
- Brown sugar
- Granulated sugar
- Sour cream
- Meyer lemons
- Cream cheese
- Powdered sugar
- Heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350F; spray a bundt cake pan with baking spray
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside
- Beat softened butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until light and fluffy
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, vanilla, and lemon juice until well combined
- Add flour in 3 additions, alternating with sour cream in 2 additions
- Fold in blueberries and zest
- Transfer to the prepared bundt pan
- Bake in preheated oven for 50 – 60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean
- Let cool completely before frosting
- To make the frosting, beat together cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, meyer lemon zest, and heavy cream until no lumps remain
- Spread over cooled cake
Where To Buy Meyer Lemons
Meyer lemons have become more readily available in recent years. I’ve found them at Walmart, Kroger, HEB, basically any major grocery store.
If you’re not having luck, try Trader Joe’s, Whole Foods, or Sprouts. I’ve seen them at all of those places as well.
Can You Use Regular Lemons
If you can’t find meyer lemons (or they aren’t in season), you can definitely use regular lemons. The cake will just have a more classic lemon flavor.
You can also use oranges instead! Just follow the instructions but substitute orange zest and juice for all the meyer lemon zest and juice.
Can You Freeze Bundt Cake?
You can definitely freeze this cake! However, I would leave the frosting off if you plan on freezing it. Cream cheese doesn’t always hold up well once frozen and defrosted.
To freeze, I would slice into individual slices and then wrap each slice in plastic wrap. From there, you can put the slices together in a freezer ziploc bag (like my favorite reusable freezer bags!) or other freezer-safe container.
More Meyer Lemon Recipes
- Meyer Lemon Zucchini Bread
- Meyer Lemon Bars
- Meyer Lemon Strawberry Shortcakes
- Meyer Lemon Brussels Sprouts Pizza
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- juice of 1 meyer lemon
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups blueberries
- 2 tablespoons grated meyer lemon zest
For the Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 4 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ tablespoon grated meyer lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a bundt cake with baking spray.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Beat softened butter, brown sugar, sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time; add vanilla and lemon zest and beat until combined. Add flour in 3 additions, alternating with sour cream in 2 additions.
- Fold blueberries and zest into batter.
- Pour into your prepared bundt pan and bake 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool before frosting.
To make the frosting:
- Beat together cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, meyer lemon zest, and heavy cream until no lumps remain. Spread over cooled cake.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 374Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 85mgSodium: 171mgCarbohydrates: 53gFiber: 1gSugar: 37gProtein: 4g