The best way to start the day! Overnight Ham Breakfast Casserole is savory, delicious, and full of ham, hash browns, eggs, green chiles, and cheese! Refrigerate it overnight and bake in the morning.
I love a breakfast casserole. They make breakfast so simple and no one complains about a cheesy casserole filled with eggs and hash browns!
This one and Amish Breakfast Casserole are staples in our house.
This Overnight Ham Breakfast Casserole has the usual hash browns, eggs, cheese, plus ham and green chiles! It’s savory and delicious and the best way to start the way!
If you love prepping breakfast the night before, try my PB&J Overnight Oats!
- Frozen shredded hash browns
- Diced ham – I used leftovers of pineapple glazed ham
- Diced green chiles
- Cheddar jack cheese
- Evaporated milk
- Black pepper
- Spray an 8-inch baking dish with oil
- Spread shredded hash browns in bottom of dish
- Repeat with ham, green chilese, and cheese
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, evaporated milk, and black pepper
- Pour egg mixture over hashbrown mixture
- Cover with aluminum foil and refrigerator overnight
- When ready to cook, preheat oven to 350F and remove casserole from fridge
- Bake for about 1 hour, until the eggs in the center are set
- Let sit for 10 minutes before serving and serving
How Long Is Breakfast Casserole Good For
Overnight Ham Breakfast Casserole will be fine in the refrigerator for 3 – 4 days. Make sure to cover it tightly to keep it fresh as long as possible.
I like to bake casseroles in this square baking dish that has a lid so I can just pop the lid on when I’m ready to refrigerate it. Makes things so much easier!
Can You Freeze Breakfast Casserole
This casserole can be frozen either before baking or after!
To freeze it unbaked, assemble it completely and transfer to a freezer-safe and oven-safe container (like a disposable aluminum foil pan). Cover it tightly and freeze for up to 2 months. Defrost it in the refrigerator overnight before baking. It shouldn’t require any extra baking time if it’s completely thawed.
If you want to freeze it after baking, I would divide it into individual portions and freeze in separate containers. That way you can just pull out a single serving if that’s all you need. The baked casserole will be good in the freezer for 2 months. Defrost it in the refrigerator overnight and reheat either in the microwave or the oven (if you want that crispy top!).
More Egg Breakfast Dishes
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 4 cups frozen shredded hash browns, thawed
- 1 ½ cups diced ham
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chiles
- 1 cup cheddar jack cheese, shredded (or half cup cheddar and half cup monterey jack)
- 6 large eggs
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Spray an 8x8-inch baking dish with oil.
- Spread hashbrowns in bottom of prepared dish. Repeat with ham and green chiles
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together cheese, eggs, evaporated milk, and black pepper.
- Pour over the hashrbown mixture.
- Cover with aluminum foil and refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to cook, preheat oven to 350F. Let casserole sit at room temperature while it preheats.
- Remove aluminum foil and bake for about 1 hour, until the eggs are set in the center.
- Let stand 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 9 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 427Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 156mgSodium: 950mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 16g