Meyer Lemon Zucchini Bread – moist and delicious quick bread with a sweet and tart glaze. The perfect way to use the seasonal fruit!
Originally published January 5, 2015. Updated January 29 2018.
As a rule, I don’t like zucchini in sweet recipes.
I don’t like zucchini cake, I don’t want zucchini in my cookies, and I judge you hard for putting zucchini in brownies.
I just don’t like it.
The only exception is this Meyer Lemon Zucchini Bread recipe that I make every January when meyer lemons show up in the grocery stores.
If you think you don’t like zucchini bread, you have to try this recipe! This is seriously the only sweet recipe you will ever see me make with zucchini and I’ve been making it for several years now.
It’s buttery and moist and you won’t even taste the zucchini which is probably why I love it so much.
It’s sweet enough to get rid of a sweet craving but not so sweet that you can’t have it for breakfast with a cup of coffee.
How To Make Meyer Lemon Zucchini Bread
- Whisk together dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, and salt)
- Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy
- Add eggs, buttermilk, and zest and juice of 1 meyer lemon
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and beat until just combined
- Stir in shredded zucchini
- Pour into a loaf pan and bake for about 45 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean
- Cool for 10 minutes in the pan before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely
- To make the glaze, whisk together powdered sugar and meyer lemon juice
- Drizzle the glaze over the cooled bread
Help! I Can’t Find Meyer Lemons!
If you are having trouble finding meyer lemons (or if they aren’t in season), you can definitely use regular lemons in this recipe and other recipes that call for meyer lemons. There really isn’t a huge difference in tartness or taste.
What Else Can I Make with Meyer Lemons?
- Meyer Lemon Blueberry Bundt Cake
- Meyer Lemon Brussels Sprouts Pizza
- Meyer Lemon Strawberry Shortcakes
- Meyer Lemon Pudding Cake
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softed
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- juice and zest of 1 meyer lemon, about 2 tablespoons
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 - 2 tablespoons meyer lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a 9x5" loaf pan with baking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt until no lumps remain. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Beat in the buttermilk and juice and zest of 1 meyer lemon. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and beat until just combined. Stir in zucchini.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and bake for about 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool in pan for about 10 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before glazing.
- To make the glaze, whisk together the powdered sugar and meyer lemon juice until no lumps remain. Drizzle over cooled bread.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 254 Total Fat: 9g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 52mg Sodium: 344mg Carbohydrates: 41g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 24g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 4g