Blueberry Overnight Oats are the best easy breakfast! Oats soaked overnight in milk, yogurt, chia seeds, and maple syrup with blueberries mixed in. Prep several for breakfast all week long.
Overnight oats are a favorite in my house. If you love them too, try PB&J Overnight Oats!
Overnight oats is one of my favorite breakfasts to make for my family. I have 3 kids in 3 different schools so our mornings are pretty chaotic. By the time I get home from dropping one off, it’s just about time to take the next one.
So I like to have something already made and ready for them to grab in the mornings.
This Blueberry Overnight Oats recipe is the current favorite in my house. The chewy oats with the fresh blueberries is such a fun combination.
Why You’re Going To Love This Recipe
- Prep it in just 5 minutes! It’s so easy that my 10 year old can whip up a batch for himself!
- It’s super hearty and filling and will keep you happy all morning long.
- Overnight oats will last several days in the fridge so you can prep for the week and just grab a jar on your way out the door.
- I think it’s the best recipe for overnight oats! Especially now that we’re getting into spring and the blueberries are so delicious.
- Old fashioned oats – these are the best oats for overnight oats. They soften perfectly but keep that chewy oat texture.
- Unsweetened milk – you can use dairy milk or you can make dairy free overnight oats by using almond milk, soy milk, oat milk, whatever milk you have on hand.
- Plain Greek yogurt – the unflavored, unsweetened stuff. You could use a vanilla yogurt in here but I would leave out the maple syrup and the vanilla if you do that.
- Chia seeds – this is what gives overnight oats their amazing texture. You can find them at pretty much any store these days. If not, you can order them online.
- Maple syrup – this is just to add sweetness. You could also use honey or brown sugar.
- Cinnamon – you can leave this out if you don’t love cinnamon.
- Toppings – like more blueberries, cinnamon, and sliced almonds. I also love a spoonful of peanut butter in my overnight oats.
How To Make Blueberry Overnight Oats
- Combine ingredients. In a large bowl, combine the oats, 1 cup milk, blueberries, yogurt, chia seeds, maple syrup, vanilla, and cinnamon.
- Refrigerate. Transfer the oats into a container with a lid. Place in the refrigerator and let it set for 8 hours.
- Serve. In the morning, gently stir the oats. If you want a thinner consistency, you can add the additional ¼ cup of milk. Serve warm or cold with your favorite toppings.
How Long Are Overnight Oats Good For?
Overnight oats are good for up to 5 days. Make sure to store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. I like to use mason jars for my overnight oats.
I have 3 kids so I like to make a giant batch of overnight oats to get us through the week. Double or triple the recipe and just keep it in the fridge for your family to grab!
Yes, you can use frozen fruit in overnight oats. The time they spend in the fridge will give them plenty of time to defrost.
Old-fashioned oats are the best oats to use for overnight oats. They soften up but keep the chewy oat texture.
You can eat overnight oats cold OR warm. I don’t like them super cold so I just sit them on the counter for 10 – 20 minutes before eating them.
More Blueberry Recipes
- Blueberry Bran Muffins
- Blueberry Orange Coffee Cake
- Blueberry Sour Cream Pancakes
- Glazed Blueberry Biscuits
- Blueberry Zucchini Bread
- Blueberry Lemon Bread
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 - 1 ¼ cups unsweetened milk of your choice, divided
- ½ cup blueberries
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon, plus more for topping
- Toppings like additional blueberries, cinnamon, and sliced almonds
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, 1 cup milk, blueberries, yogurt, chia seeds, maple syrup, vanilla, and cinnamon. Stir until well combined.
- Transfer the oats into a container with a lid. Place in the refrigerator and let it set for 8 hours.
- In the morning, gently stir the oats. If you want a thinner consistency, you can add the additional ¼ cup of milk.
- Serve warm or cold with your favorite toppings.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 592Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 25gCholesterol: 14mgSodium: 87mgCarbohydrates: 60gFiber: 14gSugar: 19gProtein: 24g