Crockpot Beer and Brown Sugar Kielbasa – kielbasa and sauerkraut cooked all day in the slow cooker in beer and brown sugar! It’s sweet and sour and delicious! Perfect for Superbowl parties!
Originally published December 11, 2011 which is WILD because how have I been posting recipes online for this long?
I’m bringing back a super old recipe today. Because, for some reason, it was the most popular recipe on my blog for New Years Eve and New Years Day even though the only photo it had was small and horizontal and pretty terrible.
But seeing everyone else make it made me want to make it again.
I mean, I’d named it my number 1 most favorite recipe in my 2011 wrap up post and then I never made it again.
If there’s a good way to photograph kielbasa in a slow cooker, I haven’t found it.
This is one of the easiest things you could possibly make for, say, the Superbowl. Or any party. Or a Wednesday dinner like we did this week.
I know it sounds weird and you probably don’t even like sauerkraut but just trust me on this one. It’s sour and sweet and my original blog post talked about how me and the person I lived with at the time argued over the leftovers. We were obsessed with it.
As far as the beer, use what you like, I guess? I… umm… bought the cans I thought were the cutest so don’t take my advice on beer.
How To Make Beer and Brown Sugar Kielbasa
- Combine beer and brown sugar in a saucepan and heat until sugar melts and mixture thickens slightly
- Cut kielbasa into links and place into slow cooker
- Cover with drained sauerkraut
- Pour the beer and brown sugar mixture over top
- Cook on high for 4 – 6 hours or low for 8 – 10 hours
- Serve on toasted buns
What Size Slow Cooker Should I Use?
I use my 6 quart Crockpot Multicooker for this kielbasa. It’s my favorite slow cooker because it functions as a slow cooker and a pressure cooker. It also switches over to the warm setting once the cook time is up so your food will stay nice and warm.
How Long Is Kielbasa Good For?
Cooked kielbasa is good for up to 4 days. Make sure to store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
More Kielbasa Recipes
- Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Kielbasa
- Slow Cooker Apple Kielbasa Bites
- Kielbasa and Potato Breakfast Burritos
More Slow Cooker Recipes
- Slow Cooker Cheeseburgers
- Slow Cooker Hawaiian Meatballs
- Slow Cooker Salisbury Steak
- Slow Cooker Sweet and Spicy BBQ Meatballs
- Slow Cooker Cool Ranch Chicken
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 12 ounces beer
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 pounds kielbasa
- 16 ounces sauerkraut, drained well
- Combine the beer and brown sugar in a saucepan over medium heat, until the sugar melts and the mixture is slightly thickened; set aside.
- Cut the kielbasa into links and place in a slow cooker. Cover with the drained sauerkraut. Pour the beer and brown sugar mixture over top. Cook on high for 4 to 6 hours, or on low for 8 to 10 hours.
- Serve on a toasted hot dog bun.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 460Total Fat: 34gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 83mgSodium: 1460mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 1gSugar: 18gProtein: 15g