First day of school here.
I’m a little excited.
And by a little, I mean I can barely contain myself.
I am counting down the minutes until I can drop them off.
I have a full day planned and there won’t be a single kid present.
This is the best day of my life.
We really lucked out this year and for the third year in a row, got a teacher that I absolutely adore. My middle kid had her twice in a row and now my youngest has her.
I did a fabulous job gaining 5 pounds this summer and I’m really looking forward to getting back to our usual healthy food routine. And also being able to go to the gym without worrying about a babysitter. Or, you know, even working out at home without having to stop to tell someone to stop hitting someone else.
I will never take silence for granted again.
But yeah, healthy food!
I’m obsessed with the mu shu pork from our local Chinese place but it is definitely filled with many delicious calories and comes with those thin pancakes that you wrap it in. Ugh. So good. But so not healthy.
So my version is just pork and lots of veggies in a slightly sweet, slightly spicy sauce and then it is served in lettuce leaves.
It’s a really quick and easy recipes and also a great way to use up all the veggies in your fridge. If you’ve got mushrooms, throw ’em in! Zucchini? Go for it. You can seriously put whatever veggies you want in here.
Make a big batch and have it for lunches and quick dinners throughout the week!
More Healthy and Light Recipes
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- ¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- dash crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 pound boneless pork chops, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 4 cups coleslaw mix
- peanuts and green onions, for serving
- bibb lettuce, for serving
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, hoisin sauce, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, honey, garlic, ginger, and red pepper flakes. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add sliced pork and stir-fry until lightly browned, about 2 minutes. Add sliced onion and bell pepper and stir-fry 2 minutes. Add coleslaw mix and continue to stir-fry for 2 minutes, until all the veggies are tender. Add the sauce and stir to combine. Simmer until sauce has thickened slightly.
- Serve in lettuce with peanuts and green onions sprinkled on top.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 685Total Fat: 44gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 32gCholesterol: 103mgSodium: 1289mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 6gSugar: 27gProtein: 35g