Peanut Butter Banana Pancakes – fluffy pancakes filled with creamy peanut butter and diced banana. Perfect for a relaxing weekend morning or prepping ahead for easy breakfasts all week!
How’s the time change treating you?
Won’t lie, I slept until 9:42 yesterday morning.
It was also really nice to have daylight for so long! It was almost 8 by the time the sun finally faded. You know what that means?
Food bloggers are no longer cooking dinner at 2 pm! Yay sunlight!
Ingredients for Peanut Butter Banana Pancakes
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Granulated sugar
- Creamy peanut butter
- Combine dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, etc)
- Melt together butter, peanut butter, and milk until smooth
- Pour butter mixture over dry ingredients and combine
- Add eggs and vanilla and stir until combined
- Add in diced banana
- Cook in a nonstick skillet (I use my griddle and it makes pancakes so much easier!) over medium heat until the pancakes are bubbly and edges look browned
- Repeat with the remaining pancake batter
Can You Freeze Panakes?
Yes! Pancakes freeze wonderfully.
Let the pancakes cool completely before packing them for freezing. You want to freeze them individually so they don’t freeze together. Do this by laying pancakes flat and not touching on a baking sheet. Pop in the freezer for about 30 minutes or until frozen. From there you can package the pancakes in ziploc bags, making sure to squeeze out as much air as possible.
To reheat, let the pancakes thaw overnight in the fridge and crisp up in the toaster. If you don’t have time to thaw overnight, just put them in the microwave for about 30 seconds or until thawed. You can crisp them in the toaster once thawed, if desired.
Pancakes will be fine in the freezer for up to 3 months.
More Pancake Recipes
- Blueberry Sour Cream Pancakes
- Pecan Oat Pancakes
- Pineapple Cinnamon Pancakes
- Buckwheat Pancakes
- Blueberry Pancakes
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 ¼ cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 small banana, diced
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar to remove any lumps.
- In a small saucepan, heat butter, peanut butter, and milk over low heat, stirring until butter has melted and mixture is smooth. Pour into the flour mixture and stir until just combined. Add eggs and vanilla and stir until incorporated. Fold in banana.
- Pour about ¼ cup of the batter onto nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook until bubbles and edges look browned, about 2 - 3 minutes. Flip and cook another 2 - 3 minutes. Repeat with remaining batter.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 306Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 71mgSodium: 693mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 2gSugar: 14gProtein: 10g