Pecan Oat Pancakes – fluffy pancakes filled with pecans and oats! Delicious, hearty breakfast recipe!
Hi guys, I made pancakes.
I don’t make pancakes. I haaaaate making pancakes.
I can’t make a decent pancake to save my life.
I would rather stand at the waffle maker all morning, making one waffle at a time, than even attempt to make pancakes.
But you guys, look at my pancakes!
Aren’t they beautiful?!
I made so many batches of pancakes last weekend and I think I’ve finally got it down.
This all started because I took my kids to IHOP last week when it wouldn’t stop raining and it was super depressing and the best way to eat your feelings is with a funny face pancake. I’ve had pancakes on the brain since then.
How To Make Pecan Oat Pancakes
What kind of pancake person are you?
Are you a plain, fluffy pancake person or do you need stuff in your pancakes?
I need something in mine. Preferably something with some texture. A crunchy nut or a super juicy blueberry. A break from the soft pancake, you know?
So for these, I did chopped pecans and to make them a little heartier, I added some oats that I ground up slightly in the food processor.
Okay, I am totally the girl that sees a recipe that calls for ground oats and says NOPE because that’s an extra step, an extra thing to wash, etc, etc, etc.
But it’s so worth it for these pancakes. Just pulse the oats until they look like a coarse flour, no need to get it totally smooth.
Related: I can’t get the top off the food processor and BF is out of town so it’s just sitting on my counter, unwashed, right now. Had to turn it upside down and shake it to get the oats out. I don’t know how these things happen to me.
If you love your pancakes with stuff inside like me, you should totally make these next time you feel like making a weekend breakfast. Or breakfast for dinner one night. Whatever.
More Pancake Recipes
- Mini Sausage Pancake Muffins
- Peanut Butter Banana Pancakes
- Buckwheat Pancakes
- Blueberry Sour Cream Pancakes
- Orange Ricotta Pancakes
- Pineapple Cinnamon Pancakes
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- Place oats in a food processor (or blender) and process until it looks like a coarse flour. Transfer to a mixing bowl. Add flour, baking powder, and salt; whisk to remove any lumps. Add brown sugar, butter, eggs, milk, and vanilla; mix until combined. Fold in chopped pecans.
- Use a 1/4 cup measure to drop onto a hot griddle and cook until bubbles appear on the surface. Flip and cook until golden brown.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 261 Total Fat: 13g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 9g Cholesterol: 57mg Sodium: 228mg Carbohydrates: 29g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 3g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 7g