Peanut Butter Pretzel Brownies are perfect for all of your sweet and salty cravings! Rich brownies with crunchy peanut butter and chopped pretzels on top!
Can I complain about the weather?
I know, totally shocking that I’m not satisfied with the weather in Texas, right?
But y’all, all of Fort Hood has been flooded this week and it’s ruining my life. It took me an hour to find my way home the other night because all the roads to my neighborhood had rivers flowing over them or were already blocked by cops. And it was midnight and my poor babysitter was stuck at my house and all I wanted to do was eat nachos in bed while rewatching last week’s Survivor.
About these Peanut Butter Pretzel Brownies!
You guys know that if sweet and salty is an option, I’m going for it so these are probably my most favorite brownies ever.
So why do boring brownies when you can fill them with crunchy peanut butter and top them with crushed pretzels?
- Unsalted butter
- Bittersweet chocolate
- Granulated sugar
- Brown sugar
- Crunchy peanut butter
- All-purpose flour
- Pretzels – I think the classic pretzel twists work best in this recipe
- Melt chocolate. Melt butter over medium heat, remove from heat, and stir in chocolate. Stir until everything is melted and smooth. Set aside to cool.
- Combine wet ingredients. In a large mixing bowl, stir together granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla, and peanut butter. Stir in cooled chocolate mixture.
- Add dry ingredients. Add flour and salt and stir until just combined.
- Transfer. Pour batter into prepared pan and sprinkle with chopped pretzels.
- Bake and cool. Bake 55 – 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out mostly clean. Cool on a wire rack before slicing.
How Long Are They Good For?
Brownies are good for up to 4 days. Make sure to store them in an airtight container.
I like to keep them at room temperature but you can store them in the fridge if you prefer.
Can You Freeze Them?
You can freeze them but I don’t think the pretzels would still be crunchy after being frozen and defrosted.
If you do want to freeze them, wrap them tightly in plastic wrap and then place them in a ziploc freezer bag.
They will be fine in the freezer for up to 3 months. Let them sit at room temperature for several hours before serving.
More Brownie Recipes
- Red Velvet Brownies
- Cosmic Brownies (Little Debbie copycat!)
- Classic Brownies
- Peppermint Patty Brownies
- Nutella Brownies
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
You can also follow me on Instagram, Facebook, or Pinterest for even more!
Peanut Butter Pretzel Brownies
- ½ cup 1 stick unsalted butter
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, roughly chopped
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup crunchy peanut butter
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup pretzels, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line an 8x8-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Melt butter over medium heat, remove from heat, and stir in chocolate. Stir until everything is melted and smooth. Set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla, and peanut butter. Stir in cooled chocolate mixture. Add flour and salt and stir until just combined. Pour batter into prepared pan and sprinkle with chopped pretzels.
- Bake 55 - 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out mostly clean.
- Cool on a wire rack before slicing.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 369Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 67mgSodium: 192mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 3gSugar: 25gProtein: 7g
Hi! This looks great✨ But how much flour did you add on the recipe? Thank you❤️ I like to give it a try.
Oh my gosh, I can’t believe I forgot to add that in! It should be 3/4 cup flour. Thanks for catching that!
Jessica @ A Kitchen Addiction says
My Friday could use one of these brownies! Love the sweet and salty combo!
Thank you! <3