Nutella Brownies – fudgy brownies with hazelnuts and a rich Nutella frosting! A chocolate lovers dream!
Happy first day of school for my kids!
You guys, this is the first year that all three of my kids are off to school.
I’m going to be ALONE. All by myself.
With no one asking questions.
All day long.
I have so much to do but I really just want to lie on the couch and watch everything on my DVR. Just because I can.
And let’s be real, I’ll probably stress eat some of these Nutella Brownies, too. My youngest hasn’t even been to daycare since he was a year old so this is kind of a big deal and I’m a little nervous that the first day will be rough.
If you love nutella as much as I do, try my Banana Muffins with Nutella Swirl!
I needed major comfort food over the weekend and ended up whipping these up.
I love a thick, fudgy brownie with nuts in them and since I’m having this thing with hazelnuts recently, I went with those.
And nutella frosting, of course. Because why have brownies without frosting when you can have brownies with frosting?
They taste like my favorite Ferrero Rocher candies! So good.
I could easily eat the entire pan of these. I’m not going to because I’m hoping for froyo tonight to celebrate a successful first day of school buuuuut know that I totally would.
More Brownies Recipes
- Classic Brownies
- Triple Chocolate Brownies
- Cosmic Brownies
- Caramel Filled Brownies
- Red Velvet Brownies with Cream Cheese Frosting
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
For the brownies:
- 1 cup 2 sticks butter
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate (chopped)
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 ½ cups flour
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup chopped hazelnuts
For the frosting:
- ¼ cup ½ stick butter, softened
- 1 cup Nutella
- 2 tablespoons milk
- ¼ cup chopped hazelnuts
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line an 8x8-inch pan with parchment paper or spray with nonstick spray.
- Melt the butter and semisweet chocolate together in a small saucepan, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat and let cool slightly. Whisk in sugar and eggs. Add flour, cocoa powder, and salt and whisk until just combined. Stir in chopped hazelnuts.
- Pour into the prepared pan. Bake 30 - 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool completely before frosting.
- To make the frosting, beat together softened butter, nutella, and milk. Spread over cooled brownies. Sprinkle with chopped hazelnuts.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 449Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 85mgSodium: 205mgCarbohydrates: 50gFiber: 3gSugar: 37gProtein: 5g