Pumpkin Banana Muffins – the best fall breakfast! Delicious cinnamon-spiced muffins with pumpkin, banana, and walnuts. Make a batch and have breakfast all week!
Hey guys, how was the long weekend?
I did nothing all weekend. And by nothing I mean that I decided to rewatch Jane the Virgin and somehow made it through 2 ½ season in 3 days.
Granted, I tend to just leave it on and walk away for hours at a time but still.
I always go back to that show when I’m super stressed because it’s funny and ridiculous and I just love it.
I did escape to my favorite trail with the husky (Good Water Loop in Georgetown) because I just really needed it to not see another human for a few hours.
I listened to a couple of my favorite podcasts, fell in the mud twice, and then stood under the waterfall before doing the 3 miles back to the car in wet shoes.
It was exactly what I needed.
Pumpkin Banana Muffins!
I made the mistake of buying my canned pumpkin at Sam’s this year which means it’s the big cans and I end up having to make 6 pumpkin recipes every time I open one and muffins are great for that kind of thing.
Because one batch of muffins works for 3 days of breakfasts for us. That’s 3 days that I don’t have to worry about fights over who spilled the Rice Krispies on the floor.
And that makes my mornings a lot happier.
These are really, really simple and they turn out soft and moist and I love the crunch of the walnuts.
Let me know if you have any favorite pumpkin rcipes that I need to make next time I open a ginormous can! I could really use some suggestions.
More Pumpkin Recipes
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls with Butterscotch Glaze
- Pumpkin Oatmeal with Blueberry Swirl
- Pumpkin Scones
- Pumpkin Roll Bars
- Pumpkin Waffles
- Pumpkin Pie Milkshakes
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- ½ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 ripe medium-sized bananas, mashed
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line 2 12-cup muffin tins with liners.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream butter and sugar together. Add eggs, one at a time, and banana and beat until mostly smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whish together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt to remove any lumps. Add this to the butter mixture and beat until just combined. Use a rubber spatula to fold in the walnuts.
- Divide the batter among the 24 muffin cups. Bake 22 - 24 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Transfer to a wire reack to cool completely.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 147Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 26mgSodium: 121mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 1gSugar: 14gProtein: 2g