Pressure Cooker Orange Chicken – takeout taste in 15 minutes! Chicken thighs are cooked in a sweet and spicy orange sauce and served over rice for a kid-friendly, weeknight meal!
It has been raining nonstop.
I feel like I’m back home because we get afternoon showers most days of the week.
And then it got cold for a while. It’s been a weird couple weeks in central Texas.
The weather’s got me craving major comfort food without a lot of work.
- Boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Orange juice
- Low-sodium soy sauce
- Brown sugar
- Salt and pepper
- Green onions
- Crushed red pepper, flakes
- Cooked rice, for serving
How to Make Pressure Cooker Orange Chicken
- Place diced chicken thighs in pressure cooker
- In a small bowl, whisk together orange juice, soy sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, sriracha, and salt and pepper
- Pour sauce mixture over the chicken
- Place top on pressure cooker; make sure that it’s locked and steam valve is closed
- Press poultry button and start button
- When timer goes off, hit the stop button
- Do a quick release by carefully flipping open the steam valve
- Press saute button
- In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and water
- Stir cornstarch mixture into the pressure cooker
- Cook just a minute or 2, until the sauce has thickened
- Serve over rice with green onions and crushed red pepper flakes
More Pressure Cooker Recipes
- Pressure Cooker Sweet Potato and Chicken Curry
- Pressure Cooker Banana Walnut French Toast
- Instant Pot Corn Chowder
- Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoon ketchup
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 - 2 teaspoon sriracha sauce
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- green onions, sliced
- crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- cooked rice, for serving
- Place chicken thighs in Crock-Pot Express Crock Multi-Cooker.
- In a small bowl, whisk together orange juice, soy sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, sriracha, salt, and pepper. Pour over the chicken. Place top on the Express Crock Multi-Cooker; make sure it is locked and that steam valve is closed. Press the "Poultry" button and then the "Start/Stop" button.
- When timer goes off, press the "Start/Stop" button again. Do a quick release by using a long utensil to flip the steam valve to open.
- Press "Sauté/Brown".
- In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and water. Stir this into the chicken mixture; cook just a minute or two, until the sauce has thickened.
- Serve over rice with green onions and crushed red pepper flakes on top, if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 209Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 64mgSodium: 460mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 0gSugar: 9gProtein: 25g