Pumpkin Cheese Ball – savory cheese ball filled with salsa and cheddar cheese and covered in crushed Doritos to look like a pumpkin. How cute for Halloween!
I was sitting next to my husband on the couch while I was working on these photos yesterday and kept asking him “If I call this a pumpkin cheese ball, will they assume there’s pumpkin in it? That I rolled a ball of pumpkin in Doritos crumbs? WILL THEY CLICK THAT X UP THERE AS SOON AS THEY SEE THE TITLE?!”
He has assured me that you won’t think that. So here’s hoping he’s right.
It definitely doesn’t have any pumpkin in it but it is rolled in those Doritos crumbs I mentioned and then topped with a bell pepper stem so it looks like a pumpkin. It’s actually kind of taco-y.
My husband’s mom makes a taco salad dip that starts with a layer of cream cheese mixed with taco seasoning and this reminded me so much of that. If you’ve had that kind of dip, you will know what I’m talking about.
It was so delicious and addictive. I found myself making unnecessary trips to the kitchen just so I could grab another chip covered in cheesiness. My husband was on 24-hour staff duty the day I made it and I swear I got 6 texts during that time reminding me not to eat all of it.
And look how cute it is!
More Halloween Recipes
- Halloween Sugar Cookie Bars
- Bloody Tooth Cocktail
- Spooky Eyes Pretzel Bark
- Candy Corn Cookies
- Mummy Oreo Truffles
- Jack-O-Lantern Layer Dip
- Halloween Blood Red Wine Punch
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons finely diced onion
- ½ cup chunky salsa
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups Doritos, crumbled
- top of 1 green bell pepper for stem garnish
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, onion, salsa, and cumin. Beat until well mixed and creamy.
- Scoop the mixture into plastic wrap and shape into a ball. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- When ready to serve, roll ball in Doritos until covered. Place bell pepper stem on top. Serve with tortilla chips, crackers, or fresh veggies.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 314Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 44mgSodium: 443mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 8g