Jack-O-Lantern Layer Dip – how cute for a Halloween party! Layers of refried beans, guacamole, salsa, cheese, and green onions topped with tortilla chips and olives to look like a scary pumpkin!
Okay guys, who’s been watching Once Upon a Time since the beginning?
I think I mentioned that I was obsessed with it and I watched all of season 1 within a day and a half or something ridiculous like that.
But now I’m stuck on season 2. Because Mulan’s there. And I had it in my brain that only classic fairy tale characters were allowed in Once Upon a Time and dangit, Mulan doesn’t belong there!
And Frankenstein. Frankenstein shouldn’t be there either!
What is happening.
Then I went to the IMDB page for the show, and I see what appears to be the Frozen girls? In really bad wigs? Stop, just stop.
Tell me, is it worth continuing? I’m just not into it like I was and it’s kind of depressing because I have the worst time finding new shows to watch.
Speaking of dressing up in bad wigs, Halloween is just over a week away and I cannot be more excited.
Mostly because I gave up wine in an attempt to lose the 10 pounds of tacos and wine I’ve put on since July and I’m totally allowing myself some before/during/after trick-or-treating. Because kids. Kids everywhere. Kids ringing the doorbell. Eep.
If you’ve got a Halloween party coming up, I’ve got the perfect thing for you to make! Who doesn’t love a layer dip? Especially if it’s dressed up as a Jack-O-Lantern?!
How To Make Jack-O-Lantern Layer Dip
To be fair, you can really layer anything for this Jack-O-Lantern Layer Dip as long as you finish with melted cheese and top it with blue corn tortilla chips and olives to make it look like a scary pumpkin!
But I like to do layers of refried beans, green chiles, sour cream, green onions, salsa, guacamole, and finally the melted cheese.
You can make it as mild or spicy as you want based on your salsa and guacamole choices. It’s perfect for any Halloween party!
More Halloween Recipes
- Pumpkin Cheese Ball
- Monster Nachos
- Bloody Tooth Cocktail
- Halloween Sugar Cookie Bars
- Candy Corn Fudge
- Halloween Bat Brownies
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 16-ounce can refried beans
- 1 4.5 ounce can chopped green chiles
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup prepared guacamole, homemade or store bought
- 1 cup salsa
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- blue corn tortilla chips
- sliced black olives
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a deep dish pie plate, spread refried beans until the entire bottom of the dish is covered. Spread green chiles over the beans.
- For the next layer, whisk together the sour cream and mayonnaise and spread over the green chiles. Continue layering the guacamole, salsa, and green onions. Cover the entire top with the cheddar cheese.
- Bake about 20 minutes, until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Decorate top with blue corn tortilla chips and olives to look like a Jack-O-Lantern.
- Serve hot with more chips!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 235Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 28mgSodium: 565mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 8g