Mummy Oreo Truffles – a spooky twist on the classic Oreo Truffles. Use Pumpkin Spice Oreos and white almond bark to create these little mummies! These are the cutest treats to bring to Halloween parties!
Heeeeey guys! Happy Wednesday!
Can you believe how close we are to Halloween? I haven’t even put out decorations.
I got them out. And put them all on a table in my living room. Weeks ago.
And they are still on that table.
I haven’t even switched my Pyrex wall to fall colors and you know that is the highlight of every season for me!
Life has just been so crazy lately! Maybe I’ll have sometime this weekend to get it sorted out. Or maybe I should just decorate for Christmas because who know when I’ll have time for that!
So I’m totally cheating and posting this recipe that I made last year for someone else’s blog. But they’re so cute and I was sad that I didn’t get to share them on my own blog!
They are the classic Oreo Truffles you know and love with a pumpkin makeover. I mean, you don’t have to use the Pumpkin Spice Oreos but isn’t it just more fun that way? You crush up the Oreos and then mix them with a bit of cream cheese.
Then you dip them in white almond bark and drizzle a little more melted almond bark over them to make them look like mummies. Two little red eyes completes the look!
I love them and I’ll probably be making them for school Halloween parties this year because not only are they super easy, they’re also something everyone loves. I mean, have you ever met someone who doesn’t love Oreo Truffles?
More Halloween Recipes
- Candy Corn Fudge
- Jack-O-Lantern Layer Dip
- Pumpkin Cheese Ball
- Candy Corn Cookies
- Halloween Sugar Cookie Bars
- Halloween Oreo Bars
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 10.7 ounce package Pumpkin Spice Oreos
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 12 ounces white almond bark, divided
- red frosting
- Crush the Pumpkin Spice Oreos by either putting them in a zip top bag and using a rolling pin or processing them in a food processor. Transfer the crumbs to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted
- with the paddle attachment. Beat in softened cream cheese. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes (to make it easier to work with).
- Shape into 1 inch balls and place on a wax paper lined baking sheet. Once all the balls have
- been rolled, put the baking sheet in the freezer for about 10 minutes.
- Melt all but 2 ounces (1 square) of your almond bark by microwaving at 30 second intervals and
- stirring in between. Once completely melted, quickly dip the Oreo balls into the almond bark,
- covering completely. Transfer back to the wax paper-lined baking sheet. Repeat with remaining
- Oreo balls and let dry completely before turning them into mummies.
- To make the mummies, melt remaining square of almond bark in the microwave. Transfer to a
- pastry bag with a very small tip (or a zip top bag – just cut a corner off) and pipe the chocolate
- onto the Oreo balls. Let dry. Put two red dots for the eyes.